#11 DBLRUM

DBLRUM

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:21 PM

Sorry having trouble putting a pointer on your map. Maybe I can't actually do it. If you look at the boat in the top of the picture then move to the one to the left of it. Go straight down from that one. (quite a big gap) I am the boat straight down & fractionally right from that.

#12 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,925 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:00 PM

So this one?

Attached File  Little Bucklands.png   230.24KB   13 downloads

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#13 bigal.nz

bigal.nz

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

Auckland Council GIS website might help you here - you can select several recent years of imagery and you will be able to see your mooring movement over that time. The resolution is higher the Google too. (Latest image 2017)

Attached Files

#14 kiwi_jon

kiwi_jon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:21 PM

Whatever you decide to do do it quickly as all the moorings off the Half Moon Bay Marina hardstand and wave/tide wall will be relocated to make room for the new North Pier Marina.

There is mooring just off the end of Wharf Road, Big Bucks. First row off the beach. The Harbourmaster has just recently taken an abandoned launch off it, complete with homeless guy. Launch is at the tip. Not sure where the homeless guy is.

The harbourmaster may be amenable to you taking that one. There is a dinghy rack across the Parade in a small reserve with loos.

Edited by kiwi_jon, 15 September 2019 - 11:22 PM.

#15 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:42 AM

From the marina down to river entrance you will find survey for insurance purposes is 2yrs rather than 3 due to high traffic area.

The boss said "see you in the morning"didnt know he liked sailing

#16 DBLRUM

DBLRUM

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

So this one?

attachicon.gif Little Bucklands.png

Thanks Island Time. You are right on the money.

#17 DBLRUM

DBLRUM

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:10 AM

From the marina down to river entrance you will find survey for insurance purposes is 2yrs rather than 3 due to high traffic area.

That's interesting. My mooring was surveyed 12 months ago & was given a 3 year survey.

#18 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,925 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

Looks to me like there is room to move it 39m due east. How can there not be room if there was previously? Are some of the other moorings new?

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#19 DBLRUM

DBLRUM

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:16 AM

Whatever you decide to do do it quickly as all the moorings off the Half Moon Bay Marina hardstand and wave/tide wall will be relocated to make room for the new North Pier Marina.

There is mooring just off the end of Wharf Road, Big Bucks. First row off the beach. The Harbourmaster has just recently taken an abandoned launch off it, complete with homeless guy. Launch is at the tip. Not sure where the homeless guy is.

The harbourmaster may be amenable to you taking that one. There is a dinghy rack across the Parade in a small reserve with loos.

Thanks kiwi_jon Talking to boat owners with the same issue at the weekend it would appear that this issue may all be due to the marina extension. The mooring area appears to be being pushed out to allow for the extension & then the outlying moorings being "chopped" off

#20 NZTiger

NZTiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationManukau

Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

I have a mooring closer to the HMB marina extension area.  (Catamaran next to the Trimaran in Island Time's photo).  I've been looking for information about the effects on mooring holders from the extensions and can't seem to find anything published.  Mooring holders were apparently given an opportunity to contest the resource consent application but no issues were formally raised (Can't remember where I read that).

I've asked the council/harbourmaster for some information and will pass that on when I hear back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users