ec12nz

Hi - is anyone else unable to get into SoL

Can log in and when I go to race all I get is a blue screen and no data.

Can't get in to sort out end of Volvo Leg for my 2 boats for last 36hrs so if anyone can help that would be good..

Cheers

Snap.

Started 3 days ago. All I get is that blue screen as well, sometimes with a very faint 'initialising' being seen.

Otto was nice enuff to point me at the finish............. or maybe the startline, knot sure which :lol:

Na, finishline. I sussed the placings and I have 0 miles to go :thumbup:

EC12: Just tried for you but can't even log in.

Yet I was able to log out myself and log back in no problems.

Suggest you click LOG OFF, power down PC; turn off modem, wait 30+ secs & power up and try again.

Let me know.

KM: just logged in as you. Leg 3 = You have finished, boat locked but a lot of noise that sounded like you shouting a few rounds at the bar. But then i pinched myself . . . . and realised I was only deaming.

So I went over to the Bimini Bay Run where you were still asleep at the wheel, So I cast you off and set the AP on cc.

Nope doesn't work Paul. I've cleared cache, checked my security isn't blocking it, pushed that, shouted at the other, rebooted everything, abused all else knot touched yet still no go. It's something to do with SOL as the flash player thingy works fine every where else and is the latest version.

I left a message on the Technical forum but haven't had any replies.

That Bimini Bay Run entry was me trying to see if it was a World race leg 3 only issue, nope, no go getting into the Bimini Bay Run either. So it appears to be a SOL wide issue for me.

I did shout heaps at the bar but you still may have been at sea :twisted: I even brought a few beers at the same time :lol:

KM: Thanks for your chat posting.

Copy FYI:

NZL_KnotMe 06:26: PaulR is a great guy!! Thanks. UTC time = NZST 19:26

So no problems as far as I can see. Your sailing well 11.29 kts.

Have you paid the power, phone & internet bills since returning to NZ :?: :?: :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Aren't I the nice guy :lol: :lol:

Nope on the bills. I haven't paid a bill for probably 7 or 8 years.

I though the log in thing may be me only but it appears knot. I can log into the SOL site fine but it all goes bad the moment I push the 'Go to race' button. It starts trying and then just stops dead in it's tracks.

Cheers PaulR - same as Knot Me with Bimini Run - tried that and have same issues as above posts. Have even treied on PC at home, Desktop at work and laptop- all the same - blue screena sometimes Initializing faintly on centre

Cheers PaulR - same as Knot Me with Bimini Run - tried that and have same issues as above posts. Have even treied on PC at home, Desktop at work and laptop- all the same - blue screena sometimes Initializing faintly on centre

You'll need my priority service then. Send twice as much as KM does and I'll give you priority.

Make signed cheques out to:

Complete Assistance Sailonline Helper but that is such a long title, so just use the Initials.

Thanks but leave the amount blank in case of course changes.

I'm in both races, well finished the world race ages ago and heading for home in the bikini beach race. Km is on the beach with blue mermaids - he must be pissed again :thumbup:

EC12: Just got you going again off the beach.

Your password seems now to be in lower case for first 3 characters. Strange but that worked for me.

Off to sort out KM in the Bimini Bay.

Still the same this mornig - it isn't the Blue Windows Screen we get but where the race viewer should be is a dark blue/teal screen only.

Log in is good but this happens when I click on Go To Race. Very Frustrating as can't find anything in the SoL forum about it.

Logged in as KnotMe and sailed through a few islands.

KM You have 2.5 hrs to get back on board, sober and steering. Or is all that just too much multi-tasking :lol:

EC: Your heading eastward in breeze to clear Malayasia

Cleaned cache, sussed for nastiies with real good software, polished registry, emptied the rubbish, double checked flash player and everything else is up to date, defragged and rebooted and still no go.

I can log into the SOL site no worries but when I push 'go to race' it goes to that blue screen and I see 'loading' and then 'initialising' pops up and there it hangs going no further.

I do think it's something to do with SOL as it looks very Flash related and Flash is working fine everywhere else. Sure looks to be something in the initialisation commands.

I don't know what else I can do now. And like Ec12NZ, it's knot only on one computer, I've tried 3 and it's the same on all.

No idea what that course is Paul, I've never been able to get in for a look at it :lol:

Archived