Modern Cherubs

Hi Guys

It is great to see these boats getting back in the water, both in Auckland and in Wellington. If there is anything that the Cherub National Council of Australia (CNCA) can do to help you out, please let us know. Being on the other side of the Tasman and with limited resources there may not be a lot of practical help that we can offer but if we can, we will try.

I did send a CD full of Cherub stuff to Mike Wells in Wellington. If any of the other sailors in Wellington or those in Auckland would like a copy please let me know and I will post some over. It included some training materials specifically developed for Cherubs and lots of photos of set ups and Cherub racing.

If you are after any technical advice we have an "Australian Cherub Sailors" group going on Facebook. I am happy to turn that into an Antipodean Cherub Sailors group if there is a call for it. You are all most welcome to join. The CNCA also has a "Page" on Facebook and if you "Like" the page you will get regular updates in Cherub matters, allbeit with and Australian slant. There is also our web site cherub.org.au which now has some Fact Sheets and other usefull info.

We also issue a periodic newsletter called Australian Cherub News. If you would like to be put onto its distribution list just send me a PM and I will be please to add you.

Finally, if any of you would like to join the 12ft Skiffs who are coming over to Lane Cove for the Interdominions in January next year there will be soem Australian Cherubs there for you to race against.

In the meantime I hope the new season goes well for you.

regards

Rolf Lusnamn

Here she is again

I like the way to name your images.

34135_1550077311514_1222537851_31586106_4974975_n.jpg

Just think at was not that long ago we could have 8 digits for a file mane. :wink:

Maybe there should be a bottle of rum for who can crack the code Squid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Willy Sanka is up for sail if anyone wants to jump into a cherub with minimal work required.

Give me a PM and ill send some photos etc.

Boat is currently in Hamilton but can be bought back to Auckland.

$500

Tasman Express hull

Asymetric kite.

Deck needs repair and hull could do with a repaint.

Ply to fix deck included.

hi, i was talking to a guy today who is fixing up a cherub his dad built in the 70's (I think). Trouble is he has the original wooden mast and 70s sails. Can anyone out there help with some more modern gear? maby even a genniker? I dont think it needs to be carbon or kevlar, a good alloy mast and some more modern dacron sails would be an excellent start. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Guest Saturday Night Special

There is one on Tardme which is a late 80s Foreign Affair hull built at Tauranga by Doug Harrison called Modern Kitchens its foam and glass ply decks

There is one on Tardme which is a late 80s Foreign Affair hull built at Tauranga by Doug Harrison called Modern Kitchens its foam and glass ply decks

Yes looked at this boat needs alot of work, talked with doug and discovered 11 in total were taken from this mould. This boat is 2734 MK2 or 2724 both identical doug boats. Seems to run the old stonedlonger rig.

I would pay more for a better boat, pref one from the gaskrankenstation, molitov, stoned etc era.

These were the boats I had trouble with in the earlier days.

Oh dougs boat called kiwi flyer. I only know alot of the AKL boats.

conan

This is not 2725 This is Brian Trooter boat built for 1985 world contest was named Brian As P blake had made the Statement Lion is not a dog befor the Whitbread so this boat also a non performer was known as Brian NZ for the same reason (she is a Real Dog just like Lion)

1987 modified Foreign Affair built of Foam and Glass from the Tauranga mould built by Steve Champion and team of Doug Harrison ,Andrew Kensington and their parents I think its actual sail number is 2721

Hello all,

I am the owner of Stonedlonger in wellington and I am also part of the Uni sailing group at Victoria. we are looking for any boats that are lying around unused/unloved as we have a decent group of students who want something more exciting than 420's to sail. Anything that is a skiff would be cool but Cherubs would be a plus as it would be nice to get some action going again in the class, as its a great cheap alternative to something like a 29er. plus its an NZ original. any help tracking some down would be great.

Thanks

Tim