Four Harbours Challenge

I'd still like to do this. Hopefully by spring I'll have figured out a sensible road trailer for Squid.

Who else is feeling up to it?

Any trailerable sailboat welcome, if I get two or three others we'll work out dates/details between us.

Not a race - more along the lines of a rally, or the term being used in many places a Raid. A bunch of people sailing along a determined course coz it's fun.

I think Alan Mac is a starter so there's three of us if I can sort the trailer.

Jordan - this might have been before you turned up so for you and any others here's the idea.

Trailer to the bottom of the Manukau, somewhere around Waiuku (who knows where there's a launching ramp?), sail to Mangere - there's a ramp near the bridge.

trailer to Panmure, Sail to Greenhithe.

Trailer to Shelly Beach? near Helensville, sail to the top of the Kaipara (Ruawai, tinopai???)

Trailer to Whangarei town basin, sail to One Tree Point- have a party, drive home.

Four harbours - three or four days.

sh*t, Sloop's got good ears :lol: :lol:

Na, the 30 something is missing a hull according the the multi lads so has to be called by it's technical phrase, that being - a pig rooting leaner :)

We thinking tents, local B&B or a ground crew with trailers like the Formula 1 guys? I suppose take enough rum and who the hell will care is a theory to look at :lol: :lol:

Those details I was assuming we would work out with the first three or so entries, then invite others to join in. The biggie for me would be dates - do we aim fo rthree days (long weekend) or spread it over two weekends?

SInce my beloved would end up as shore crew, maybe a sleazy motel ?

SInce my beloved would end up as shore crew, maybe a sleazy motel ?

In Helensville I think that's their flash one :) :)

The Kaipara leg will be long so an overnite at Dargaville is probably on the cards. It's quite a haul from bottom to the top.

My idea was unrig and drive to Whangarei for the night.

and I vote for French Bay in Titirangi instead of Waiuku... then I can watch you setting off from my living room window

You could come to the beach and shout bang.

A bit short though, is there a mark there we could go around? Or if it was one whole day - stop for lunch at Zoe's house then mangere in the afternoon.

why Greenhithe? Why not Riverhead?

I'm open, don't know the area that well, so all we need is a decent all tide ramp.

With a bit of space at the top as Squidlys beast takes room, knot to mention the 12mt square topped main hold 3 trapezes on my PT..... as suggested by SJB :twisted: :lol:

Maybe Mr Squidly and I organise a scouting run by light aircraft, if he's brave (could easily be read as 'stupid') enuff :wink: Haven't crashed one yet and I do fully intent to keep that record intact.

No route notes to be made.......unless available for all.

You reckon the extra 2m2 and the extra weight is going to make all the difference in 15 knts.

I got a lightweight staysail off a keeler at home, could fit a pt. 8) 8)

Unfortunately is white. :wink:

sh*t, that was quick SJB. You got some alert thing for whenever anyone mentions PT? :lol:

You are indeed a brave fellow Squid :lol: I'll do a suss and get my people to email your people and we'll play Seagull. A C152 or C172 for this mission I think, wings on top and can fly slow.

and I vote for French Bay in Titirangi instead of Waiuku... then I can watch you setting off from my living room window

You could come to the beach and shout bang.

A bit short though, is there a mark there we could go around? Or if it was one whole day - stop for lunch at Zoe's house then mangere in the afternoon.

Very happy to do the start. There is a yacht club too. Lots of marks to go around in the form of channel and navigational markers but it's a reasonable distance to Mangere if you follow the channel... and the wind shifts.

Archived