How are these set up IT?

Real easy bbay. There are terminals for high and low float sensors, but for standard bilge you just need the one. You can control them either from an optional remote panel, or you can set them up with a bit of Wire. For example, to make the switch stay on for X seconds after float goes off, you just short the program terminals with a bit of wire for the period (X) seconds. I use that one so that it emptys my shower bilge as low as possible - I programmed it to run for 15 secs after the float switches off.

These really are a great unit - I have 3 aboard. Designed and made here in NZ.

Highly recommend them. Easy to install, easy to hook up and the controller can give a lot of info. As IT said, you don't have to install the HF sensor, but if you do (I am currently using a standard float switch, but going to change that) the little controller can give you some good information.

If the pump runs for more than a minute, the Red LED comes on Flashing. If the HF is activated, the LED stays solidly lit. There is also provision for an alarm. You can also adjust the time the sensor has to be held active for, before it turns on the pump. That stops sloshing water from activating the pump.

If you want, you can also add yet another controller that monitors quite a number of Bilge pumps, but more importantly, it can Txt message you that a pump has come on. That part is a bit pricey though and with me sitting way down here, I am not sure I want to know my Pump is running and not being able to do anything about it.

I am so over the old Float switches.

Thanks for the promt reply IT and Wheels. So just the unit that comes with a switch is all we need oh and a pump of course. So put the switch higher , time how long it takes for the bilge to empty then set the timer to that.

Since my Big Cruise from Gissy to the Huraki Gulf and back I've had a leaking prop shaft, actually the stuffing box backing is timber and has some rot which is letting in a bit of water. I need to drain it once a day so that device may just be what I need. Mine is a simple manual switch and usually I don't get any water in.

Yep, it would be good for that, set up the way you describe. Pricing on the site is ex gst, so if you want one, send me an email, and I'll give you an invoice with bank details. Delivery normally overnight....

Matt

Archived