Hydronic Heating Systems

Beccara

Hi All,

We are planning on living aboard our Tiki 38 later on this year and I'm looking into how we are going to get hot water and heat, I've been looking into Hydronic Diesel systems from Webasto and Espar but before diving in and talking to dealers etc I was wondering if anyone on the board had any experience with Hydronic systems?

Bad Kitty has a hydronic Eberspacher, heats the water and runs to 3 heaters, 1 in each cabin & 1 in the saloon. They are just like little radiators with computer type fans that blow thru them.

I'd definitely fit it again, it had 1 problem when it was a couple of years old & wouldn't start, fixed by dealer at no cost & been fine ever since.

If you want to use the boat in winter or head south you'll love it.

Has a water cylinder like usual, with a line from the hydronic running thru it. It also has a 240 volt element in if you want to use the genset to heat it, but we always use the hydronic unless we need to put some load on the genset.

Interesting that it's called tankless but there's a pic of some sort of hot water cylinder?

The hot water cylinder can have a second loop in if you want to use an engine to heat it also.

We didn't bother because we already planned on a genset. 

Archived