LED light bulb rf interferance

I have recently installed a Chinese moon led bulb on my anchor/driving light on Chloe.

All good lights up the whole boat and bay, attracts all the small fish for miles around.

BUT it turns off my VHF and interferes with the broadcast radio, Do's any body here know how to

over come this problem.

Burnsco claim that they have never heard off this happening before, they have a great  sense of humour and can say this stuff with a deadpan face.

Thanks for that Knot me...maybe, I had an idea it had been discussed on here  but could not find it.

Have looked around the net and it has been a problem for a number off years and seems that one can put some sort off suppresser on the system that fixers the problem but will not be going to Burnsco for the fix. 

It is in the little control regulator that also makes the LED really bright. LED's don't like heat. The hotter they get, the less life they have. The harder you drive a LED, the brighter it is till it burns up. Because an LED emits light at full intensity (relative to current) instantly current is applied and stops the instant the current stops, you can switch it on and off with no lag. So a little trick is to switch the LED on and off really fast, so that our eyes/brain cannot see the flicker. So the LED can be on for 50% of the time and off for 50% of the time. Thus 50% of the heat output which means you can now drive it harder and get more light output. The frequency of turning it on and off is the problem. Some little circuits are not designed so well and will cause interference. It is the design of that little circuit that ends up making the LED worth what it is, not the LED itself, which tends to be cheap.
You can solve the problem if you wrap Tinfoil around the LED, but I suspect that could cause some other issues. ;-)
The noise radiates back through the wiring. The simplest thing to try, if it is possible, is to shift the wiring that powers the LED. Of course in a Boat, that kind of thing is almost impossible. Make sure the wire does not run along side the VHF Coax to the Antennae.

Oh and you can also try wrapping several turns of the wire through a ferrite core. That needs to be done as close to the LED end of the wire, as possible. You may see on many computer doodacky cords, little units the cable goes through. That is a ferrite core. If you have any old cables lying around, unclip the plastic housing and the ferrite often comes in two pieces and then slip over the LED power wire and clip the plastic shroud back over it to hold it together again.

Thanks wheels

That makes sense to me can not shift vhf cable as it is on the same mast. But I do have some old computer type cables at home that have the gizmo that you speech off and will give it a try. I guess the more of those things one puts on the better or will that stuff it up.