B&G Zeus 2 update

A great new facility of the Zeus 2 enhanced in this new software release http://www.bandg.com/en-GB/Products/Zeus2-7/BandG-Zeus2-Software-Update/

Race Panel now has startline incorporated - used to be available only on the H5000 (top end, expensive) systems. This software update is free :-)

Instructions on install are in that link, but if you can't do it, or don't want to do it, give me a call - I'd be happy to do it for you.

Details of what race panel does are here

http://www.bandg.com/Sailing-Features/RacePanel/

Hi Matt, the sun fast is fully cocked with all the B&G triton gear with autopilot and chart plotter. I also have the wireless network kit but its not setup yet. I think we are only just touching the surface of what the whole setup can do. I would love to get a run down of how it works and hand to set it up with the computer and grib files ect. Happy if you want to use it to show others the product capabilities at the same time.

No prob Booboo, I'm down with the flu right now, but give me a couple of days and let me know when suits to meet up at your boat, and see where we're starting from. Which plotter/mfd is it, the Vulcan or the Zeus 2? Is the PC connected to the nmea2000 now? Etc etc.

I'm not sure about the plotter. At a guess I think it's the Zeus but couldn't be sure. It's a very nice bit of kit and we noticed that we can do grip overlays on it too I think. I don't have a computer yet but am looking at a tough book or similar second hand. There is one for $495 on trade me. Open to suggestions on the best setup.

Ok, is the plotter touch only ( flat touch screen only, no buttons), or have a round button/knob on the top right, and a few buttons?

Tough book is fine. You'll need to get the data from the nmea2000 bus to the PC. The best way to do that is with an actisense NGT-1-usb. Just so happens I have those :-). Also, to power the PC, don't use an inverter and mains adapter, it's really inefficient. A dc-dc adapter is the go, saves you quite a bit of power.

Yep, the Zeus2 does grib overlays.

Let me know when suits to come have a look.