Non skid question

Gidday experts, I was going to re coat the non-slip on a couple of areas on my whiting 29 that are discoloured.

But when I started to sand the old non slip, it very quickly became white (the non stick colour is light grey). But the non stick pattern is still very apparent, and just as non slip as when it was grey, just not grey any more.

Could the non slip have originally been embedded in the grp? I'm specifically talking about the sugar scoop stern which was added after original boat manufacture. But the pattern is identical across all the non slip areas on the boat.

Don't want to sand it any further and maybe create another problem, rather than solve one :oops:

Ta in advance.

After scanning all the replies from everyone :wtf: - I've had a closer look at the areas that are non-slip.

And that much neglected, ill-used part of me called 'the brain' tells me the non-slip is indeed part of the mould. The highest part of the nonslip areas are at the same level as the rest of the deck area - so it's obviously (tho' not to me at first :roll: ) part of the mould.

Soooo, next question for you to ignore :thumbup: :

What sort of pain should I paint it with - given that it doesn't need non-slip as such?

As KM says though, two pot and particles - I've used the silicon balls and found this to be very good.  Two coats of paint with the grit applied while the first coat is wet.  Good surface but not too harsh.