Edge wearing protection

Hi All,

Up until now we've had a couple of stainless plates folded over the edge of the bow where our mooring lines run over the edge. They are looking quite sad at the moment and the PO's glue is coming off etc.

I was looking replacing them with some low friction plastic blocks mounted on the same area, I was wondering if anyone had used something like this before and knew of the best plastic to use? Was looking at Derlin or Acetal U given their qualities in bearing applications but not 100%

Are we talking of the lines rubbing over this? If yes, plastics are no good. SST acts slippery to line, but plastic wears fast and generates heat. The only way to stop that is have it as a round rod and ensure it turns under the line. But they are prone to getting stuck and then wearing through.

And thats why i ask questions :) Yes it the edge where our mooring lines rub over, I thought/hoped something advanced like Delrin would hold up over the hmwpe. The pain about SST is this shape is odd and uneven, I'll have to build up a flat platform for the SST to go on