Just jane

A friend of mine owned it up until about 7 years ago. I sailed on it a bit and helped him sort the rig/sails.

It was beautifully built (Roberston Boatbuilders) and sailed Ok (for a 30ft leaner).  It has a near identical sister ship Ixion but that one has a twin spreader in-line rig whereas JJ has a swept spreader jobbie. 

The narrow stern meant it wasn't a rocket downwind but upwind it was very nicely balanced. One thing I do remember about it is the wide side decks, really great when you are sitting on the rail but not so good when sitting downstairs enjoying an apre sailing rum. The saloon seats were quite low and well outboard under the side decks, if you stood up in the normal fashion you whacked your head on the Carlin. 

Janes ,, present owner for 17 years , there are three of them , the three sisters , just jane , tecoma , and ixion all slightly different rigs , Jane has a bulb the others fin , all three are beautifully looked after and fussed over , tecoma just relaunched after paint job looking fantastic ixion was on tme of recent.