The good oil

Battgirl

What is the Engine?? I could most likely find the manufactures actual rating. But I would be pretty sure it will be a Mono 30 grade. Not something you are going to easily find at Supercheap. You will need to go to an commercial Oil supplier. Castrol(was BP) have one called Mono30. These old engines were not high tolerence and will just Burn a multiweight oil. Beleive it or not, Mono oils are actually better oils that multigrade. They are far more stable.

Righty, a Mono30 is what they ask for in those. I don't know what the Caltex name is for it, but the Old BP name was Venellus C3 Mono 30 "CC". If you struggle to find any or in a quantityless than 20ltr, give me a yell and I could pour some into a container and send it to you. I think those were 2ltrs.

Ummm, can you still find oil filters??

Hi guys, Shell Remula 30W is available in 4 ltr packs and is easy to find at rural service stations as its often used in old tractors.

Shell Rimula ® Oils are available in SAE viscosity grades 10W, 30, and 40.

I did not know they did a 40W that could be an option for older worn engines

Yanmar oil is 30W - Yanmar agents everywhere. Transdiesel sell Agip 30W in 5L packs and larger. Chandleries stock it. Twin Disc stipulate 30W so on that basis alone is its widely available.

Archived