Plymouth Race Week - Quarter Ton

Norwegian Blue

Dear Quarter Tonner owner,

I am currently setting up a brand new high profile event, Plymouth Race Week 2011, which will be held between 7th - 10th July, 2011.

The theme of the event is high quality racing with an excellent social calendar. There will be a tented race village near the Barbican where the event will be centred.

With this in mind I have already signed up Mike Pearson as the PRO. Mike is well known to most classes and is a very experienced IRO. He has already put together a race management team for each of the four courses we will be using and all of his helpers including the mark layers are at least qualified to National level. Racing will be outside of the breakwater for all classes except the smaller sportsboats.

I am keen to get a prestigious fleet such as the Quarter Tonners to the event and would like to offer you the option of running a national championship for your class. I can offer a very low entry fee of only £70 per boat. I am also currently in negotiations with Sutton Harbour regarding discounted berthing for the event.

Further details can be found on the preliminary event web site at http://www.plymouthraceweek.org or if you would like to discuss this proposal further please give me a call on 0771 849 1880.

Regards,

Chris Arscott

For the benefit of those that are not on the mailing list.

So, how much to ship a 1/4 ton to UK and back?

Whitings have a beam of about 2.8m. Difficult to fit into a container.

Blackfun is only 2.5m wide and will fit when heeled over.

Quotes are being sought.

Archived