Javelins in Wellington?

Hi,

So, I'v mucked around a bit on keelboats and maxis and things but not dinghies. I want to rectify that sad situation and go for a sail on a fast dinghy with a trapeze. In particular I'd really like to go out on a javelin (in Wellington). I don't particularly want to go racing just yet -more just go for a sail on a skiff with someone who knows what they are doing.

Anyone feeling generous?

(I'm a nav. arch. and boatbuilder so I appreciate how finely engineered and delicate your ride is - I'll try really hard not to break anything ...)

Cheers,

Rob

appreciate the motivation and the sentiment, esp to be the swinger on a skiff. Being the swinger on a zeddie got me back into the dinghy sailing scene after years on bigger boats.

Dont have a javelin any more and when I did I never fitted into the category of "someone who knows what they are doing" so can't help there sorry...;)

If you don't get the offer you want you are welcome to borrow my laser sometime if you want to have a go in a dinghy. altho granted not quite the 'formula one' world of the modern skiffs, on a moderate day it might be a good way to experience some aspects of dinghy sailing. totally cool if this is not quite what you had in mind.... then again it might surprise you...

cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

I may have lined up a ride or two on a Javelin when the weather is somewhat reasonable.. So I'll see how that goes,

however thanks a lot for your offer and I'll keep it in mind.

Cheers,

Rob

Archived