Censorship

Guest Brucey

Squid,

Help me please by explaining why you chose to remove the Tim vs Rob thread?

I have to say I have a philosophical aversion to censorship.

Clearly on this occasion you were in a somewhat difficult position as it apears you had someone who's boat designs and philosophies you liked, having a stoush with some of your biggest contributors, but should that mean you shut down the discussion? In fact it apeared that some of the earlier discussion had been self removed by the contributors, which actually made the whole interplay loose its continuity.

They were big boys and girls and would have worked it out, or not as the case may have been, I suggest.

But anyway back to point, as an occasional watcher of the site, what are the grounds you remove posts and people? I think I read somewhere that you have removed a Troll in the past? It is surely not incorrect or stupid posts which are removed as they apear and stay with regularity, nor is it just when an argument becomes heated as I have noted these flare and are generaly self extinguishing as common sense prevails.

So just a question from an interested reader.

I think all personal attacks on members should be removed.Otherwise the forum just turns into a dog fight.It seems many of the "younger" generation love this but older members will lose interest.

Damn right nonam. Knowing Squid as I do, he will only delete posts, remove threads, or censor/censure individuals when it is really necessary. I know when on the odd occasion there's a sh*t fight in the forums, the traffic count gets high so from a commercial perspective Squid won't wont to knock it on the head if he can avoid it. But why let something continue when there happens to be nothing but a downside for the individuals at the core of it? I think Squid shows considerable restraint at times and wouldn't have jumped in unless he deemed it absolutely necessary. He also doesn't need me to speak for him - which I'm not.

Squid has far more patience than I do. But he is doing an excellent job of running the place. And all in all, this is his board, his rules and we are his guests. He can run it how he likes. And so far, he is running it in a way that 99% seem to like. The 1% tend to those we end up not wanting anyway.

I am keeping this out of the public arena, but it is worth noting that my decision had nothing to do with anything written in the forums or on that thread, It was a totally unrelated matter.

Dam I here about a Sheet fight going on and when I get here everyone has gone home.

Guess I'll just have to start my own then...

" You all wear pink undies!" That are, of course more lightly constructed than the run of the mill panties are cheaper to make and will beat the arse of any frog green panties any day of the week!!!! :twisted:

Archived