Skipper wanted for 36 foot Mummery yacht relocation from Tauranga to Wellington

I'm looking for a relocation skipper to move Taihoa from Tauranga to Wellington for me.

Taihoa is a capable vessel, I have owned her about 5 years. I put a new Beta 50 in her about 4 years ago and it only has 500 hours on it. It has been fully serviced a few weeks ago and has spares on board. She is tidy and comfortable. I would need to hire a liferaft for her for a journey like this, but otherwise I have been doing coastal sails to and from the bay of islands most summers and to the best of my knowledge she is fully functional, safe and would easily handle a voyage like this. She has appropriate safety gear, a comfortable hard dodger, an electronic autohelm and an aires wind vane (only recently installed, still needs testing) as well as  full sail closet. I have recently installed an inner stay, but have not yet sourced a working sail to fly on it.

I bought the boat about 5 years ago in Whangarei and the cruising around the Hauraki and north is so fantastic, I have been in no hurry to bring her south. Now I am at a stage where I want to be closer to the boat so I can get my sea hours up in general and practice in heavier weather (which Wellington has plenty of) with an eye to taking her offshore in a few years. It's time to bring her closer to home.

I don't think I'm ready for the east coast sail yet, because the things I have read suggest its not a recommended passage for a weekend sailor like me, plus I'm a full time dad for a 19 month old at the moment and it would be hard to find care for him for the trip.

I bought a mooring in Evans bay so I want to put Taihoa on the mooring. I'm flexible about when to bring her down.

2027437388_Picture1.jpg.b71c9265dde2ad6f84b605ba16b302fd.jpg

I could do this for you,

However I’d really suggest you should be on board even if not skippering if you think your going to ever go offshore.

Sure you would need to arrange someone to look after your kid but this is the perfect chance to gain so sea time with others that have it.

4 day passage in good weather with possible stop at Mahia or Napier if needed

• Like 1

Hi

We are an experienced yacht delivery team. We have done this trip before and have off shore delivery experience.  Please phone me on 07 8683870 if you wish to discuss. 

. Thanks. 

Rex.