The RPNYC I fell in the p!ss in 2011 Club.

Membership list:

1. Bardy. 11 Jan. out of Airship's (sinking) dinghy in Clyde Quay Harbour at c.1800hrs.

Further membership applications to be considered on a case by case basis. Post details here for consideration...

Rumour has it that member number 2 qualified on Saturday after Flying Circus' eqic chinese gybe. Bushy was apparently the man overboard and qualifies with full "while-racing" voting rights.

Membership list:

1. Bardy. 11 Jan. out of Airship's (sinking) dinghy in Clyde Quay Harbour at c.1800hrs.

2. Bushy. 5 Feb. of Flying Circus after a chinese gybe in Evans Bay.

Would've been around '78 or '79? Doing bow with Woody on the first glass Townson 34 (Moonbeam?). Didn't have a spinnaker pole so he'd grabbed the pole off his dad's boat - which was a 42 footer........

Anyway, sh*t, there we were... wednesday night race, under kite down to Stanley Point then back towards the bridge etc. Come to bottom mark and time to drop the kite. This is the days of pinging the snap shackle off the brace - but I couldn't reach out to the end of the pole.... so I jumped up on the pulpit.... nah.. still couldn't reach. Ended up letting go of the forestay, pinged the brace and tried to grab the pole to swing back in on, missed and went straight in. Got run over by the keel, popped up behind the boat to watch the carnage. OK.... no ones looking for me.. guys up the front thought I was down the back, guys down the back thought I was down below..... which I was, but further than they thought

Had a little think about the situation and figured heading them off at the pass might work so did my best Olympic 50m freestyle impression fully clothed inc shoes and cut the corner.

Yell out "Woody...!!" - they've worked out by now I'm not there so they're looking around all over. Cry of " There he is!.." - Woody luffs up, I stick my hand up and Rob Butler plucks me out one handed (all 50kg of me)

Happened right in front of Fossil on Result? would it have been then?

Sunday April 17th, member number 3 - Banana Boy 2, possibly 3 spearate entries all in sequence during a less than perfect pushing of Airship off from the dock in the boat harbour during a very high tide.

Allegedly the first effort may not count, because it was in the 1 inch of tide above the dock deck, and he claims he therefore just face planted on the dock and wasn't actually IN the piss, just on top of it...

But then he apprently pushed off the dock, misjudged it, leapt, grabbed the back of the boat, realised he was screwed, fell in the water, swum to the dock, got up, jumped again and ended up swimming again.

I think that earns full voting rights...

Membership list:

2. Bushy. 5 Feb. of Flying Circus after a chinese gybe in Evans Bay.

3. Banana-Boy. 17 April in Clyde Quay Harbour trying to push Airship off the dock.

Archived