velux 5 oceans

anyone watching the boats coming into wellington at the moment?... 2 boats are in and the third is 200nm off...

i wonder what sort of weather he is getting in the next 24 hrs before he finishes ?

still any one watching the tracker of chriss stanmore major, coming into wellington? he seems to be making hard work of it.

3 days he was 170nm away..... i know its pretty windy down there at the mo.....but ......does anyone know if he has sustained damage ? there has been no reports from him in 3 days..... damage apart from his batteries being run down that is ?

this morning he is 70nm away. maybe today he'll get here.

latest report

"ETA has slipped past lunchtime. We will advise later whether it will be this evening or tomorrow"

we have wind so I'm not sure whats going on there, although the wind is blowing the wrong way for him

Tongue point has 27 knots of SE, 2-3 metres swell in Fitzroy bay and 20ish knots at the front lead, so it doesn't seem to bad here, he must still be a bit north of the strait?

70NM to finish now, still awhile to go, maybe there tomorrow?

I went down and took osme photo's of the 1st two boats the other day, plan to go back again once CSM is finished, will put photos up after that, cool looking boats, with quite a few differences between them.

Apparently the guy still coming in was complaining that he was having to pump his bilges a lot. Then discovered he had pumped all his fresh water over the side somehow. :eh:

Archived