Coroner calls for compulsory wearing of Life jackets.

wheels

Twas a mate of Wheels, John, down Welly way who sent it to me. He has a lovely boat Wheels likes. Nice dude who is watching you... Opps and me :) Very good of him to send it through.

Very interesting it is as well and has answered a question I ponder a few times of late, just who is drowning themselves, us lot of more the off the beach/river etc mob? As I suspected most seem to be the I suppose you'd say 'part time' water users rather than the more time on it bigger sized boaters.

A lifejacket nearly killed what is now my Wa. 14fter capsize and the jacket got caught up in the vang. If I hadn't realised at the time I wouldn't have had some of the grief I've had in the years since, nor some of the shagging thinking about it. Hmmm.....knot sure which way to call that one now :)

You really are one fearless mother fucker to pu that in print

Just living out on the edge babe. If she read Crew do you think I would have? Yeah probably, I'm often way dumber than I am fearless :)

Another statistic that is being missed, is the increase in numbers of people participating in water recreation. If you look at the numbers overall, you could say the numbers are looking static to maybe even slightly decreasing. Yet population is increasing, thus surely the number of people participating in the individual pastimes. So if you had a statistic presented of Number participating Vs deaths, I bet we would see a major % downward trending.

Then one other statistic I would love to see, have no clue on, but have a suspiction, the number of imigrants drowning Vs Kiwi born. And this is only because of watching the TV programs like Piha Rescue etc, where the vast number of ones getting into trouble are those that are not NZ'rs and have not grown up with the same respect for NZ sea conditions. That maybe extends to the small boaty off out for a fish wearing no lifejacket. But of course we can only guess due to no statistic on that one.

Hey Kaniva, bout time you signed up here. It's a far better bunch here than that CF place. You have lots to offer and it would be great to see you here.

And all the best on the D'urvell trip. KM told me you we heading across there soon. Is it the annual pilgramage to Nelson for the haul out???

Archived