Crew (2) required for offshore passage to Fiji in May 2023

We are an experienced sailing couple looking for two crew to join us on the first leg of the Pacific Rally 2023 from Opua to Fiji in May. SV Kalimera is a Lidgard 50 (NZ registered) with many ocean miles under her keel and an extensive refit over the past three years. Ideally you will be a couple but this is not essential so don’t let that stop you contacting us. Sailing experience is important but not necessarily offshore experience for both crew. You will also need to be fully Covid vaccinated to ensure there are minimal chances of problems with entry into Fiji.
The departure date is early May 2023 and is always subject to weather so some flexibility is essential. Ideally you will have time to stay on with us in Fiji for a week or two on arrival but again not essential.
This is a volunteer crew position and you will need to cover your own costs getting to the boat and back from Fiji. This includes any personal costs associated with your entry into Fiji. A contribution to food costs while on board will also be appreciated. All boat related costs will be covered by us.

Opportunities for further onward passages are alway a possibility for the right people but not on offer at this time. If this sounds like you please contact us. If it looks like we are all going to be a good fit, we would like to arrange a convenient time to get together for some boat familiarisation and a “shake-down” sail before departing.

IMG_1397.jpg

Would be keen to have a chat about this opportunity.

I have my RYA Yachtmaster Coastal and I am looking to crew and build sea miles for the RYA YM Offshore. I have my own Noelex 22 Trailor Sailor - but obviously not doing any major missions on that wee number, so looking to crew on others yachts to build miles.
Looking for larger crew situations - aka where there are more people than just me and the captain. Male, 45, fit, Normal.

• Like 1

Just wondering if this crew opportunity is still available please? If so, would be very interested in chatting. Husband and wife team, 54/49 years old, recently retired from business (and teenage children 😜) down to earth, very practical with broad range of skills. Traditional DIY kiwis.

Skilled yachters, having boats all our life, currently out of Tairua. 12 metre yacht we have been using has just sold, so assessing our next boat investment.
This would be our first international boating expedition so very excited for new experience. 
Thanks

Kris and Maree Robinson

mareerobinson@icloud.com

Hi,

I am interested in doing an off shore trip this season.

I am an experienced coastal sailor, own our own Reacher 10.3 that we keep in the Bay of Islands in the summer and bring back to Parua Bay most winters.

This would be my first off- shore.  I have spent some time with my sister and family in Fiji and Tonga on their boat af few years ago.

I am an Architectural designer and find myself looking for a new adventure. My youngest son has just started uni this year.

I am capable, calm, good cook , take instruction well!, and used to being on a boat.

Would love to meet you to discuss.

Regards,

Angela

Hi!

My name is Guillaume, a 35 yrs old Frenchman currently residing in New Zealand. I am on the lookout for a boat to join a crew or family to embark on a new adventure and explore the Pacific Islands in April/May.

While I have never sailed before, it has always been a dream to learn. I have spent a fair amount of time on a sailboat and have never experienced seasickness, I've got a good ability to adapt. I can participate in all tasks, including cooking, cleaning, fixing things, and caring for children.

I am fluent in French and English and have a basic understanding of Spanish. I am a cheerful and positive person with excellent communication skills, and I thoroughly enjoy working as part of a team.

Please feel free to contact me if you know someone who could be interested :)

G.

Hello, my name is Chris. I have experience in NZ coastal sailing, sailing in Tonga and the Med. I have just retired and looking for bucket list adventure. Never been sea sick! A good cook and handyman. Easy going with a great sense of humour! Have my own 36ft yacht. Would love to crew for you. Happy to meet and discuss your requirements.

You are able to contact me on 021 747 161.

Hello SV kalimera,

I am a 31 year old woman (in couple but my boyfriend doesn't Travel with me for few months). 

I have seen your post and I am very interested, planning to go to Pacific Island by boat in May! 

I have sailing experiences  in Bretagne and Mediterranean sea in France, and I have my motor boat permit. We can Say that I have an intermediate level in sailing.

Are you still searching for crew members? If yes, I will be happy to be part of the adventure!

Iris

Hi! In the chance that you haven't found anyone yet, I would be interested in joining your trip!:) I am a 26 yo French woman currently on a working holiday visa in New Zealand. I have experience as crew on a converted fishing boat. I sailed from the Malbourough Sounds to Stewart Island this summer, and I would love to sail to Fiji. I am fully vacinated, fluent in French and English. If you are interested please contact me!:)

• Upvote 1