Novice sailor looking to crew, race or assist on crossings in pacific islands / Nz

Hi all, 

I am moving back to New Zealand for summer, am a kiwi who has been in Europe for the last six months. 

Have raced a whole season on j24s as crew in Melbourne, also done about 500nm open ocean crewing in Italy, including night watches. 

Looking for any and all crewing opportunities and deliveries, paid positions preferable or covering expenses but flexible on this as I am still learning and also looking to build the miles so any and all offers I am interested in.

I also have a really close friend who is an experienced sailor, we often sail together (she is a commercial skipper, 5000+ nm etc). So the right opportunity may fit both of us together.

Let me know if you have anything available from end of October onwards. Also open to opportunities in Europe/Caribbean. 

Please message me privately on here then can share my details.

Jordan 

Hi Jordan,

See my post requesting crew for a 20 day cruise Tauranga to North Cape and Bay of Islands.

Plus the post requesting a crew member for a 15 day cruise Auckland to North Cape (and BoI) return. 

Either would start towards end of November and finish early December.  Shezakeepa has the forrard berth available, so a couple would fit. I don't know if your friend is that friendly.

You appear to have adequate experience as a yachtsman.  I need a capable helmsman for daylight watches (2H on, 2H off, 4 or 5 watches per day), except perhaps returning from North Cape to the next safe anchorage if sea conditions are rough and we have to sail on into the dark.

For a keen young crew member I am prepared to reduce the cost share.  And if you come with me from Tauranga I would pay your bus fare to Tauranga and drop you in Auckland after, if that suited you. 

Kind regards / nga mihinui,

Mike

Shezakeepa