Jack Taylor 38???

I know the boat a little, very well built pretty sure its not fibreglass. Has not been used for a long time so may need a little maintenance. Could be a nice bargin cruiser for someone.

Was on this boat today. DD Kauri uppers, TD Kauri below water line. Appears to be a very solidly built boat.

Looked on a brief inspection to be in reasonable condition at the very least - reasonable to good. ( Bloody good compared to some we have seen ! )

Its a very traditional feeling boat, but has not got much in the way of sleeping accommodation, the forward cabin is not somewhere I would like to try sleeping. Th "double berth" is more of a single, and the single is more of a kids quaterberth. Looks as if the saloon can convert to be a double.

It would need a bit of maintenance, but nothing major from what we saw. Certainly was dry inside.

But as a cruiser, well, what kind of cruising? Calling it a weekender would be my take on it

Will have a look on my camera, I may even have taken some photos.

Thanks Too_Tall, that information is valuable, especially since you have actually been on the boat recently. I think he would like to have the option to take it offshore, but it might not be suitable depending on its self righting index.

Cheers!

Archived