Short term workshop for 15m yacht

Hi,

I'm looking for a shed (or maybe just an under-cover area) to do some work on a 15m steel yacht sometime over winter. Anyone have a spare shed or know where I could find one? Basically looking for about 200m^2 for about 3 weeks. The work involves a small amount of sandblasting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

Well, apparently not to many sheds available in wellington. There are sheds at Seaview marina but they are well over $100 a day and one is not allowed to do any work in them. mm, actually not quite true - no 'dirty' work (like even a little bit of sandblasting...). I could always take out a lease on 6000m^2 for six months, but that may be a little excessive when I just want 200m^ for a few weeks. Nevermind, I'll carry on looking.

Hey, just to follow up on this - Seaview are not keen on any kind of dirty work being carried out in or near the marina -except of course unless you are in business doing it there.. not sure quite how that works, but anyway thats the way it is. Seems a reliable way finding space and/or getting industrial steel work done is to go to Nelson. The other option is Hakes - a fine establishment for some professional boatbuilding malarkey.

Rob

Archived