Auckland to fiji video on nitro

i believe, mr. AA, that that was an open question. these are useful in getting another person to speak. they often begin with the words: what, why, when, who. sometimes they are statements. "tell me about", "give me examples of". they can provide you with a good deal of information.

Actually, Mr Harkin, it was quite the opposite. That was a closed question. Closed questions do not encourage conversation as they can be answered in short, simple statements.

For example, in this situation the answer could simply be: 20 meters and no.

For example, in this situation the answer could simply be: 20 meters and no.
That would work for me :)

Open and closed questions = WTF?? I had a issue with English class, like I wasn't allowed in the room. I got to do jobs for the Dep Principal instead. That help answer your question AA?

The whale 1st came up about 200mtrs in front and we were doing 14 ish knts.

Even though the video doesn't really show we almost gybed as we beared away enough to miss it by 20ft.

Was Very large.

Yes we had been keeping an eye out.

Not sure what the hoods are made from but they were cooked over a mould in a very large oven and was a succesful experiment.

In that case you will proabbly find they are lexan polycarb, need to be heat treated before and after to avoid making them brittle. Same stuff they use on Harley Windscreens.

Great vid Mr Skins.

Them Whales looked close. How close and did you see them coming?

What sort of question is that KM? :think:

See the reply. A simple person asking a simple question of another simple person (a general slur at sailmakers in general?? Yeap probably :) :) ) hence a nice simple answer. Play to the audience AA ;)

200mts isn't much at 14kts. I hate it when those big fuckers suddenly pop up out of seemingly nowhere.

Archived