AC45 live from Cascais

MarkMT

Just a little question here,

What kind of racing format allows you to carry on to finish a race after a MOB - WITHOUT PICKING THEM UP!!

doesn't seem at all cricket to me...

He was lucky there weren't boats behind them, imagine taking a daggerboard or rudder! Imagine the carnage if they did have to go back to get him if other boats were close behind...and by the time they would have gotten back other boats would have been rounding the mark, would have been a mess.

Loving the audio and footage from the boats, really good insight into how hard the guys are working. Good luck to the commentators to get the swearing to stop!

That 'speed-trials' format is sure a huge blast. 'Emirates' @ 42.35 mph over 500 mtrs in 1st place

Actually that was 42.35kph - about 23kts. Still fast though!

That 'speed-trials' format is sure a huge blast. 'Emirates' @ 42.35 mph over 500 mtrs in 1st place

Actually that was 42.35kph - about 23kts. Still fast though!

'Mark' G'day - tnx for being so bloody per-dan-tik - NOT whatever it is - 42.35 kph - mph - 23 kts. IT IS FAST. Bet my b#ll & A*s you've never sailed that fast in your whole life & never likely to in the future. Get a life - will-yah - kid. Just enjoy how well they are sailing & be VERY proud that they are K1W1's - cause I am very proud & I'm on the other side of the 'pudle' - Come-on kid - get it together. Thanks, jj

What kind of racing format allows you to carry on to finish a race after a MOB - WITHOUT PICKING THEM UP!!

doesn't seem at all cricket to me...[/quote

G'day "Dr" - With all due respect - NOT - Why-would-U - damned if'n I know??? Coming from a 'pipe-smoking 'me-dic-o' Why would I ever think about the question?? EH??? Suriously - I'd have thought there swags of room for ' official challenge' however - when Larry poured 400-mil USD into a bank accnt - just to fund the last challenge - he got - JUST a bit - OUT of my league - that's by aprox 399,999.90 USD. So I'm just going to - wet-my-pants - watching it all unfold & enjoy to the max - ESPECIALLY - if you K1's win it. Wow & WOW again. Ciao from across the 'puddle', jj

doesn't seem at all cricket to me...

MOB drill was an essential component of the Sydney Flying Squadron (Flying 18s) races in the early 20th century.

The yachts would race upwind with 15 or so crew on the rail. When they got to the weather mark at Manly (or whatever), half the crew would drop over the side and the boat would run in light mode back to the inner harbour.

G'day Mark & all. W E L L Here we go again. W O W - 14 hrs to go to the 1st race in Plymouth - AC 45's.

DARN - no tractor repairs - wont even go find it!! No lawn mowing - what lawn?? - NO work on boat - where is it?? And again it's very early mornings for all of us on both sides of the 'puddle'. BUT I'll be watching, for sure!!!! Sleepy days - everyone. Enjoy - I will. Ciao, james

Archived