Fusion Tweaters. Anyone have any??

smithy09

Hi all. I have been trying, with no success, to get some replacement tweaters for the Marshall, as the Port one has been crushed, and the Starboard one is pretty faded. Does anyone know where I can get them, or do they have any they want to sell. (Tried Fusion, none left).. Failing that, any suggestions for a similar size replacement? I don't really want to have to plug the holes... Thanks, Smithy.

Fusion.JPG

Cant' help, but I now they do sound good. Somehow removing the tweeter and placing it separately helps the whole sound stage...

They sound good on Pulse.

Tim you may actually be inadvertantly time aligning the highs to lows by moving the tweeter away.... Maybe.

Smithy, Super Crap and Crapco both sell tweeters. That's if you don't mind a different brand name that is. Otherwise try any of the Car Audio shops.

Thanks Wheels. I was after the waterproof variety, but maybe I need to start looking at auto ones. I guess as long as they have a mylar membrane and reasonably corrosion resistant frame they would be ok..

Both were big piles of rust inside

That tends to be what happens with marine speakers unless they are quite special ( and therefore, almost by definition, quite expensive )

What brand did you get? The only tweeters I know of which sound good, and are truly capable of surviving salt water splashes and immersion, are focals Be marine tweeters. And if any of you have ever priced them up, you will know that your probably able to refit your yacht for less. Seriously.

I don't believe that they make many, and only build to order. I guess some super yachts may have calling for them?

As for why they sound better as separates, well, the list is long, but a few key points will be the quality of the drive unit itself - separates tend to be better. The crossover quality, the fact that its better isolated from the mid/bass driver and therefore not moving around at all, the fact you can often angle them to get more on axis... The list goes on.

These are Fusion. The big ones are holding up OK, but the tweeters fell apart rather quickly. Also the plastic fades with UV quite badly. At least you can get new covers for the big speakers. The tweeters are unobtainable....

Archived