Up to 26 Club- Mariner Marine Insurance Winter Series 2010

Sorry to hear about your brother & a pity that we won't see you out for a while.

Wish him a speedy recovery from the crew on MJ.

Good breeze. Upwind we're still struggling to find height and speed in a breeze. Can have either, one at a time. Nice gennie ride down to Motukorea. Nocturne is fast downwind with their new kite. Mumbo got a good jump staying out of the tide on the beat back to Orakei. Nice run down to the finish gave them the gun. Everyone had a turn at the front. A real shame that evryone else stayed home.

It wasnt a boating accident he was driving while tired and he dozed off ended up with a power pole halfway through his driver side door

They wouldn't let me enter the boat I was on, even in the big boat division. Apparently 45mts is pushing it a tad too far over the 26ft.

As Travellin man has indicated, some very tight racing again on Sunday. with the lead changing a number of time throughout the race. We tend to struggle downwind against those big (relatively speaking) mast head kites. our saving grace was managin to get out of the tide & pick a favourable shift going into Orakei. That gave us enough of a break to hold on to the finish. Good to see Johnny Bee pick up a place on Handicap as well.

Hopefully we'll see a few more boats out for the next round.

45 mtrs? hmm, we are inclusive, but not that inclusive.

So I suppose the 2000hp under the bonnet was a bit to much as well? :lol:

We'll be back next time and good to see the lads and lassies had fun in our absence.

Racing this weekend, 3 x W/L in vicinity of Northern leading.

WIill you be coming along Infiltrator?

Well, at least the mast is up, but still much to do, so sadly knot this week. Why does it always take longer to put it all back together?

Both my crew are overseas too, so I would struggle by myself :crazy: New sails coming next week, so really keen to get out racing again :D

If there are any stray crew around out there that would like to come for a sail tomorrow- I am down....well I'm down all crew at this point for various reasons....so any boat ^luts available....drop me a line ;)

021 345 364

Cheers,

Toles

Last race day this Sunday.

Come out for the last day then back to the club for the days and series prizegiving.

We have some great spot prizes and look forward to seeing you all there..

Would be great to see a full fleet out... Any stray 727, Piedy or SR-26 hanging out for some fun close racing come and join the Open division. We've had a good series so far.

Archived