Trailer Yachts

madyottie

Where have all the trailer yachts gone??

A few years ago there were fleets racing everywhere, yet when I recently returned from living in Europe for 8 years, the whole trailer yacht movement seems to have vanished. Or perhaps it's just my imagination.

I'm trying to get a semi-casual TY race series going, from Weymouth Yacht Club on the Manukau harbour. The nearby Manukau YMBC runs a very serious competitive series, but we are targetting the less serious sailors, who may want to sail with family.

My family of four, including a six year old, and a one year old, race our Pelin Cherry 16 whenever we can.

We'd love to have other families racing with us (there are 3 at present).

As we sail on a very different tidal pattern to the Waitemata, we'd also welcome any small boats who just fancy a change of scenery from time to time. Program on the club website.

http://www.sportsground.co.nz/weymouthyacht

So, if you know of anyone with a small trailer yacht gathering mold in the backyard, get them online and find us, or search for the Manukau Sailing blog.

Thanks all,

Aaron.

Does the complete lack of response, and indeed small number of views confirm that there are no TY sailors around?

Or is it just lack of interest? :?

If there's a fleet racing somewhere around Auckland, where is it?

I wanna go sailing :cry:

We have a trojan 750.. But i doubt the road trailer would get us down to you.. Theres also a young 780 up on the coast as well that is used quiet regularly :)

Archived