How do you do this?

News reporters . . . . but more questions than answers . . . .

What happened to the anchor :?:

Was the bitter end made fast :?:

Did it stop the ship :?:

Was any deck gear damaged :?:

Was the lifebuoy recovered :?:

The documents added that Ehlert’s actions could have damaged the ship’s rudder or punctured it, causing it to sink.

So the anchor could be damaged and punctured by the ship's rudder.

Interesting. I did knot think inflatable anchors came in "big ship" sizes and imagine the disappointment experience when the anchor was caused to sink :!: Incredible :think: :thumbdown:

He should of got stress counselling. :thumbup:

The documents added that Ehlert’s actions could have damaged the ship’s rudder or punctured it, causing it to sink.

eerrr, that's "the anchor could have damaged the Ships Rudder or Puntured it....which I think that "or punctured it" part was to mean the anchor could have puntured the Hull.

"A similar kind of anchor system".

I would like to know what Anchor system the Dude has on his 50ft boat. Either it is huge, or the Cruise Ships Stern anchor was small. Or maybe this "Cruise Ship" is small. I would have thought the two anchoring systems would be very different.

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You don't think I could read it my way instead :roll: :roll:

:think: I only know what the reporter wrote, knot what they intended to say or meant. :think:

BTW I was really aiming at the reporter but am happy you have stuck your head up :thumbup:

Why could he knot have punctured the rudder without puncturing the hull :?:

Would the rudder sink? or would the Ship sink due to the rudder being punctured? Whatever, I wasn't personaly pulling you up on bad interpretation. I agree the wording, sentance structure and abiguity is typical of the non-sensical reporting from media these days.

Yikes, them's big words for me, let alone from me early on a sunday morning. :eh: I think I need to go have a wee nap now.

I would like to know what Anchor system the Dude has on his 50ft boat. Either it is huge, or the Cruise Ships Stern anchor was small. Or maybe this "Cruise Ship" is small. I would have thought the two anchoring systems would be very different.

@220 meters, its not a small cruise ship I would not have thought.

Pics here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ruise.html

Archived