Heating

Fogg

Continuing this theme of 'safe' alternative heating options another one I'm quite excited about is a controlled form of low-level nuclear fission - bumped into a couple of chaps the other day (Farzam and Yaseef) who offered me some useful bits and pieces and didn't seem to want payment for them, just said something about passports.

Anyway, think I have the space but might need some help with set-up and fine-tuning. Wheels - this is right up your street - PM me.

That sounds interesting AC. Ask them if they have any ideas on regulating the stuff. I have been struggling with controlling the heat output. The stuff seems to go from just barely warm to suddenly melting it's way through the concrete floor.

Sorry Wheels I think your arguement has a flaw. If you are correct nobody would have an LPG stove in their boat because of the danger. We would all be dead from doing a chicken in the oven. With the flower pot we seem to get a dry heat which seems to warm the boat faster, and as I said earlier, we have to turn it off after a while. Only an idiot would leave it on and go to sleep.

Sorry, I didn't see your comment about only having the thing on for a short period. It's long periods you have to be careful of.

All Caliphonts now have to be vented to outside by law and Gas Ovens are being considered for the same. We have an air suction fan above our oven for that very reason. There have been many sad stories of people dying due to Gas heaters in Boat and caravans. Those catalytic type are the most dangerous.

That sounds interesting AC. Ask them if they have any ideas on regulating the stuff. I have been struggling with controlling the heat output. The stuff seems to go from just barely warm to suddenly melting it's way through the concrete floor.

Do the nuclear battery option - they worked a treat. Reliable and no risk of melting down. Well, not much risk :D

Hey AC. Check this out. Does hot air AND hot water.. Made by Eberspacher and Truma..http://www.rvworldstore.co.nz/truma-combi-d6-diesel-heater-6kw-air-and-water-heater

That looks interesting doesn't it?

Although I have a new-ish califont which gives me hot water perfectly ok, so I don't need to solve that problem as well. For now anyway.

Archived