Navico TP1600

raz88

I have a navico TP1600 tiller pilot which came with my boat when I bought it. When I got it a year ago it seemed to work quite happily, but now all it does when it's powered up is wind the arm out to full extent and stay there, and twitches occaisionally.

I opened it up and checked the continuity of the wiring between the power source/motor/fluxgate, which all seems fine, but I don't know enough about the thing to do much more than that in terms of trouble shooting.

Went to Navico, who sent me to ATL who are apparently service agents for Navico and they took one look and told me it's too old and not worth repairing.

Does anyone know whether there's any hope for it and whether there is anyone around who repairs this kind of gear?

You can try Tom in the USA. I have bought several bits from him to keep my Navico Chorus gear going (but have just bough Raymarine ST60s)

Help?

As a service to the boating community we buy, sell and repair these instruments. We have spares available. You can also donate your old Corus units if upgrading to a newer type and we will make a contribution to your boat.

Tom LaMers

937 767-9187

tlam45387@aol.com

Archived