Is ther provion to protest after the time limit?

Young Entertainer

We had an incident on the first simrad where we did not lodge a protest as the boat infringing did their turns on the race course, now that I have received the quote for fixing the damage they have now decided that they were not in the wrong. Given there chagne of heart is there any precedent for lodging a protest to sort out liability of is it now just a matter for the insurance company to follow up?

A protest has no power to make anyone pay repairs.

We had the same situation at Cowes week. Guy withdrew from race and later denied he was in the wrong and came up with an outrageous story.

It is up to insurance company. We spent hours explaining our case for the boat we had borrowed.

In our case the insurance costs went to the other boat and our boat got repaired better than it was when we started.

A protest after the time will be invalid.

If it goes badly, you can always out him here and run a smear campaign.

AWOL--if the damage occurred on the start of the long haul , we were just to windward on an incident which both of us (me and crew ) saw --- we had to come -up as well to keep clear of what we thought might happen (which did )--PM if you want some help

Andrew

Looks like I will have to name, I am looking for witnesses to the start line incident between faster coyote and comfortably numb. Whe comfortably numb came drone a windward position and hit faster coyote in the rear quarter, they are arguing that we did not give them room or opportunity to keep clear. This was prior to the start gun, pm me if you witnessed

Looks like a pile up for sure.

Bad luck Craig. Hope you get the pay out.

From the pics it looks like your were luffing up to avoid being over and got mixed up with barging boats to windward

Heard it but didn't see it sorry AWOL, the black Peidy guys we pushed up slightly were right there and maybe saw it, not sure who that was tho, had a bit on concentrating on the start. Good luck.

The small boat start was well contested, possibly too well and crews should give a little bit more room given its a shorthanded start.

So something did happen in that clusterfuck. Thought something would have had to judging by the rude words we could hear...... from a couple a hundy metres away.

Archived