day sailing tour Mangonui

moi2

We will be based in Mangonui and would like to go on a day cruise around the islands, in Jan. I have so far been unsuccessful in finding a day cruise that doesn't cost between $170 to $800 for a day! I saw there were some cruises out of Paihia for about $100 but we are planning to stay further north. Any suggestions?

Presume you mean around *any* islands in the vicinity; not specifically the Bay of Islands? Distance by sea from either Mangonui or even Whangaroa precludes a return day trip to the Bay.

Only operator I can find out of Mangonui is ZigZag, costing the $170 you've already mentioned. That doesn't sound like a bad deal to me; but perhaps your best option if you'll have a car would be to drive down to Paihia or Opua for the day.

Hi There,

I would agree, me and my partner Claire make the trip down to Paihia from Mangonui or Taupo Bay and go out on Gungha. It's a very fun day out in the Bay of Islands. You stop at an Island and can go on shore and snorkel/kayak and then some lunch. There is always the numbers in Pahia so you can count on a sailing, compared to Mangonui where it can be a bit hit and miss due to the lower numbers that are looking to go out sailing making it more expensive to take the yachts out. Gungha is really good value at $90 a person. Mike the owner is a great Skipper and host.

Brendon

Archived