Gear - Advice?

Scubash

Budget makes a difference.

Having 2 sets of gear helps them last 5 times longer.

Currently I run Aigle Jacket x 2 ( 2 spec) and Gill inshore Bib and HPX (older) offshore. Gill fingerless and finger gloves.

I'd suggest you get a good smock rather than jacket.

Re PFDs. Come onto Safety at Sea and we can run you through the $ per difference equation between Baltic, Kru and Spinlock. Same applies for tethers too. And if you come this week you should even be able to squeeze a boat show special!

Will do! :thumbup:

Stay away for musto. Overpriced rubbish. Awesome for a season, Good for another, than delaminating sh*te that makes you wonder why you dropped $2k on gear made from tissue paper.

Couldn't agree more. Had HPX offshore gear replaced twice, and once more, they're not that waterproof. Followed their instructions for care, and others, and still not waterproof. Very glad I didn't pay retail (or anywhere near) for them.

Quit looking at crew and enjoy your vacation in Fiji! :crazy: :P

for gloves the best are harken on my sportboat last three years when ronstan last three month.......

I had a schmok aigle actinum was good for a while .....

For the dinghy boat of the sailing school they use neoprene jacket from kite and windsurfing gear. not completely dry but stay hot....

Archived