foiling euro style

some guys get together and roughly produce...

is ETNZ THAT "LEADING EDGE?

Is that it JP, that all you can come up with?

Is TNZ that leading edge? Nope, they are well beyond it in 2 very highly important regards.

1 - TNZ can do it single foil. Anyone can do double foil and were decades ago, that's old school shite.

2 - TNZ aren't cheating.

some guys get together and roughly produce...

Is that it JP, that all you can come up with?

Is TNZ that leading edge? Nope, they are well beyond it in 2 very highly important regards.

1 - TNZ can do it single foil. Anyone can do double foil and were decades ago, that's old school shite.

2 - TNZ aren't cheating.

i knew the subtleness of such fine things as .... THE BREEZE THEY ARE FOILING IN would be overlooked by all the "rocket scientists" that commented. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats not it KM, Oracle will provide the rest but this little tidbit will suffice for the time being :wink:

good on them for giving it a go on their governments dollar.

the reality is it is no more than a rave on a better platform, the foils are huge, which they would need to be to fly at the speeds shown and the roughness of the foils. there top speed won't be all that higher than a none foiling version of the same cat. the frontal area drag of the foils verses the hull probably wont be much different, laminar yes but....

if you can be bothered and have all the time in the world google 'international hydrofoil society', you will find all sorts of experiments that are very similar but on 1960's and 70's platforms, and earlier if you dig deep enough.

the one thing you will find is that with most of the projects, yes they could foil, but the speed jumps justs weren't there.

Drag/weight had the most to answer for in those days. And with the youtube project shown velocity would be the biggest limiting factor.

cutting edge or leading edge who knows? is anything new these days?

refined yes

i knew the subtleness of such fine things as .... THE BREEZE THEY ARE FOILING IN would be overlooked by all the "rocket scientists" that commented. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was impossible knot to but then I thought that was totally irrelevant until your second post where you seem to be clearly saying 'here look at these germans cheat as that is exactly what Oracle will have to do to stand any chance against TNZ'.

I doubt you'll find many would would disagree with you on the JP.

It was impossible knot to but then I thought that was totally irrelevant until your second post where you seem to be clearly saying 'here look at these germans cheat as that is exactly what Oracle will have to do to stand any chance against TNZ'.

I doubt you'll find many would would disagree with you on the JP.

KM - i will say this slowly so you understand. :D

ALL the AC BOATS use BOTH foils until they have both hulls clear then they lift the weather one. got it :?: :D

The point of the post was to show that, as said above "nothings new under the sun" and if these german guys, dicking about, can do this on a low budget, then Dalton and his Squillions is no big deal. As is Larry.

What counts is who is faster around a course (in San Fran) not trialing in big breezes in the GULF.

...and as you have missed in another thread. it no good being a "ETNZ Super foiler" in 30 knots on big legs, when The BAy area is different and the race office might call off races well before this wind speed?

As for Oracle cheating well... i trust russ to have more integrity than that.... and GD. :D

What counts is who is faster around a course (in San Fran) not trialing in big breezes in the GULF.

...and as you have missed in another thread. it no good being a "ETNZ Super foiler" in 30 knots on big legs, when The BAy area is different and the race office might call off races well before this wind speed?

As for Oracle cheating well... i trust russ to have more integrity than that.... and GD. :D

Active control surfaces on the foils - not allowed under the AC72 rules.

Currently Oracle is not doing so well, one report had them nearly stopped when she went over.

it no good being a "ETNZ Super foiler" in 30 knots on big legs, when The BAy area is different and the race office might call off races well before this wind speed?

Seems may well be the case based on Oracle's effort today.

ALL the AC BOATS use BOTH foils until they have both hulls clear then they lift the weather one. got it :?: :D

JP, I'll say this slowly with the smallest words I can use so you maybe able to understand it. You got it so far?

Where in that video you posted and was the subject of this thread, are the germans foiling one one foil. Got it??

Or are you trying to change the subject intentionally as you have failed to get even close to proving your point...... yet again. Got that also?

I just heard TNZ are now worried about Oracle getting the jump on them. All TNZ crew members are now having remedial swimming lessons. In an attempt to mirror Oracle, the crew members will be required to jump off a anchored barge :lol: :lol:

JP, I'll say this slowly with the smallest words I can use so you maybe able to understand it. You got it so far?

Where in that video you posted and was the subject of this thread, are the germans foiling one one foil. Got it??

Or are you trying to change the subject intentionally as you have failed to get even close to proving your point...... yet again. Got that also?

I just heard TNZ are now worried about Oracle getting the jump on them. All TNZ crew members are now having remedial swimming lessons. In an attempt to mirror Oracle, the crew members will be required to jump off a anchored barge :lol: :lol:

? where is the words "foiling on one foil" stated by me in this thread.

i posted this thread separately because it was about foiling and if you read the first post you will see it is about some guys "roughly" putting a foiling cat together and foiling it in a lower breeze than Team Emirates... and before they did it.

Sure its on two foils but i am sure it could be on one like a moth if you think a bit deeper than paddling pool status :wink:

Its about the technology evolution not just the AC.. comprehendo amigo?

Now don't get a shame boner KM (don't you love Californication at the moment :wink: )

I believe the question you posed in the 1st post was -

Which has been answer as No they are well beyond that now.

A Decade is 10 years. 'Decades' is plural meaning many lots of 10 years.

Decades ago boats were foiling on TNZ's home waters. I can remember one foiling back in the 70's, that's 4 decades ago JP. Those same decades ago your cheating Germans weren't even old enuff to sh*t their own pants. Now they are a little older they have a nice toy but that's about it, a toy and what's more a very much 'been there done that long long time ago toy'.

(don't you love Californication at the moment :wink: )
Tried to watch it once and it took 2 maybe 3 minutes to decide it was only for sicko retards, never watched even a second of it since. But seeing that in your post does suddenly explain a few things about quite a few differing threads ;

I think JP is exhibiting the very desperation that can clearly be seem on RC's face of late. Stay tuff JP, the pain will all be over in a years time or you could do your usual flip flop if it becomes just to hard :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe the question you posed in the 1st post was -
Which has been answer as No they are well beyond that now.

A Decade is 10 years. 'Decades' is plural meaning many lots of 10 years.

Decades ago boats were foiling on TNZ's home waters. I can remember one foiling back in the 70's' date=' that's 4 decades ago JP. Those same decades ago your cheating Germans weren't even old enuff to sh*t their own pants. Now they are a little older they have a nice toy but that's about it, a toy and what's more a very much 'been there done that long long time ago toy'.

(don't you love Californication at the moment :wink: )
Tried to watch it once and it took 2 maybe 3 minutes to decide it was only for sicko retards, never watched even a second of it since. But seeing that in your post does suddenly explain a few things about quite a few differing threads ;

I think JP is exhibiting the very desperation that can clearly be seem on RC's face of late. Stay tuff JP, the pain will all be over in a years time or you could do your usual flip flop if it becomes just to hard :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D i thought that was you with the chrome dome on Californication. :lol: certainly the same SOH.

agree it is sicko stuff but some parts are very funny!

Don't understand the desperation comments? what has RC got to be desperate about???

He has what D Barker, G Dalton and most, if not all, of ETNZ will never have...

a Olympic Gold Medal

3 America's cups with three nations.

Just a RTW to get next and he will be the greatest ever all round sailor'.

also don't understand the flip flop comment?

thats not it KM, Oracle will provide the rest but this little tidbit will suffice for the time being

Just watched the Oracle contribution on the news. Really impressive!!!

Don't understand the desperation comments? what has RC got to be desperate about???
No boat, no one that can drive one by the looks, no 2 boat testing, a disinterested team owner, no lots of things. And all that even after they went so hard to jack things up in their favour. Oh dear how sad, KNOT :lol: :lol:

RC win the RTW?? maybe he could as long as TNZ don't enter as you correctly point out.............. but I doubt it very much. RC is a off the beach for an hour or so dude. It appears he like his comforts too much to do hard yacht races like the TNZ lads, which is probably why you can see the TNZ experience is shining thru with there ability to sail in firm to big winds without falling over. It's OK JP, as I said your pain and suffering will be over soon, actually looking at todays cock-up maybe sooner than you think ;)

No boat, no one that can drive one by the looks, no 2 boat testing, a disinterested team owner, no lots of things. And all that even after they went so hard to jack things up in their favour. Oh dear how sad, KNOT :lol: :lol:

RC win the RTW?? maybe he could as long as TNZ don't enter as you correctly point out.............. but I doubt it very much. RC is a off the beach for an hour or so dude. It appears he like his comforts too much to do hard yacht races like the TNZ lads, which is probably why you can see the TNZ experience is shining thru with there ability to sail in firm to big winds without falling over. It's OK JP, as I said your pain and suffering will be over soon, actually looking at todays cock-up maybe sooner than you think ;)

Well done. Great summary :clap: :clap: :clap:

we will see! :D

Archived