Help save a Frog

I'm posting here as it has the most exposure on this site. We've got a bit of a fundraiser going on here to help a fellow cruiser out. I'm not asking for donations from NZ but am looking for a second hand, operational engine around 20hp with serviceable transmission that we can buy. TM is a nightmare if your IP is not in NZ or Oz so not a goer unfortunately. Anyone got an old 2GM or similar with trans lying about they want to sell?

It's for a cruiser who is French, but a real nice guy anyway 8) 8)

Dude got burnt big time in an investment cockup and now has limited (read zero) funds, has his boat in Vanuatu with no serviceable engine, can't afford haulout and it's cyclone season and he can't even afford a mooring.

Repeat, not asking for favours, we will pay fair price for a serviceable engine plus shipping costs etc. Trust me, I've seen my fair share of bums who have no money but this guy is worth the trouble.

TM is a nightmare if your IP is not in NZ or Oz so not a goer unfortunately.

Really? I haven't had any problems.

I got pinged by them in Fiji. They picked up I wasn't in NZ or Oz when I listed an item (which was in NZ) and pulled the pin on me.

They picked up I wasn't in NZ or Oz when I listed an item (which was in NZ) and pulled the pin on me.

I can see how they might view that as a problem. My experience has just been in bidding from overseas on a boat in NZ and that didn't create any problems.

Archived