Wednesday Night Race

johnMi

To The Cock with the big mouth on Equilibrium.

What's on with yelling out 'Don't do anything silly!', as you went past us to Windward so close that I first of all lost my air, then got walloped as you rolled over us

I had every right to push you up, I didn't because you were not in my division, I let you roll over, with you then soaking down on me and then yelling out for me to keep clear.

Learn your rules, and if you are a bit challenged to do so keep your mouth shut. You looked like a dork last night trying to look like God's gift to sailing.

Not the point I know, but....

....you got passed by a keelboat? :D

John, come on Equilibrium is a lovely boat but she's a cruiser! There was even a guy below decks making espresso for the crew :lol:

We watched the whole Elysium incident and we couldn't quite work out which part you were luckiest at. Knot flipping right over when you started to mine or knot embedding yourself into Elysium 's topsides when the spin out followed. Either way it was frecking close and I'm sure we could smell freshly filled undies of one of the 2 boats :lol:

1/2 way between Chelsea and the bridge on the way down to the finish so 99.9% sure it was Elysium.

It wasn't Equilibrium as she would have finished by that stage, we aren't quite as quick as her. I am using the word 'quite' rather loosely :)

It was just a racing type incident on a puffy type day and no one seems to have done anything wrong from what we saw but it must have been pretty scary on both boats for a few moments.

2 different incidents.

The Elysium incident was a sail selection error, and yes the Skipper of Elysium did a great job of missing us.

We decided to fly the big kite, but because of the steep waves, we buried the prod, and I guess Elysium would have seen the boat's rudder completely out of the water. Anyway because the running backstay broke, we couldn't reset the kite

I Know Ken, it is a keelboat, but hey it is at least twice PE's length, less than 1/10th the age and 20 times the equity. Put it this way, If he wants to do a straight swap, I think I would take him up on it, Monoslug or not. At least I raced last night...

PaddyO I don't think my lack of insurance would have had any impact cos I was both the leeward boat as well as the one being overtaken. My problem last night was more the fact I gave him room to pass without calling him up, which he abused, both literally and verbally.

Archived