Hot Knife

Or....you pull a little of the inner core out, cut it off, then pull the cover over it, then melt the end of the cover over till you completely seal it. That stops the inner from going anywhere.

There is a little gas torhcy thing at Mega 10 that has a blade on it that would work...or should work OK for heat cutting rope. I bought one for gas soldering, but haven't tried the rope cutter yet. It's cheap.

if it's broken fix it......... if its not broken DON'T fix it.......and never let nursey near anything

I think Nursey will tell you that thru the ages a sound whipping was all that was needed.... which leads nicely to 'if its not broken DON'T fix it'. I saw your byline and it just sort of screamed 'fiddle with me' ;)

Plasti-dip maybe the name you were looking for L4. But it goes off fast once you open the can, a couple of weeks knot hours, so watch for that as it isn't cheap. Also it is quite thick so you'd probably want to thin it a little. Maybe best you don't read the can either, who wants to know its full of stuff known to kill babies and cause cancers. But used wisely with caution and you'll find it is a good product for many things.

http://www.jimmygreen.co.uk/item/458/hot-knife

2 there. The HSGM is a goodie, the Bainbridge is chinese I think. There is also a blue version of the HSGM drifting around, definitely ex-china. But the chinese are OK from what I've seen even if I'd personally still go for more HSGM's. Green goes well with my Aura :lol:

There is a little gas torhcy thing at Mega 10 that has a blade on it that would work...or should work OK for heat cutting rope. I bought one for gas soldering, but haven't tried the rope cutter yet. It's cheap.

If anything like the one I have the blow torch works better for sealing some type of rope than the cutter, neither much good with dyneema.

if it's broken fix it......... if its not broken DON'T fix it.......and never let nursey near anything

I think Nursey will tell you that thru the ages a sound whipping was all that was needed.... which leads nicely to 'if its not broken DON'T fix it'. I saw your byline and it just sort of screamed 'fiddle with me' ;)

Plasti-dip maybe the name you were looking for L4. But it goes off fast once you open the can, a couple of weeks knot hours, so watch for that as it isn't cheap. Also it is quite thick so you'd probably want to thin it a little. Maybe best you don't read the can either, who wants to know its full of stuff known to kill babies and cause cancers. But used wisely with caution and you'll find it is a good product for many things.

http://www.jimmygreen.co.uk/item/458/hot-knife

2 there. The HSGM is a goodie, the Bainbridge is chinese I think. There is also a blue version of the HSGM drifting around, definitely ex-china. But the chinese are OK from what I've seen even if I'd personally still go for more HSGM's. Green goes well with my Aura :lol:

nope not the dip, shrink tube (heatshrink) used by sparkies etc, and nursey is someone who can f*ck something with just a look........aint a she either

Ah, I see I see. Agree but use the lighter weight stuff as the thicker glued twin wall version can make just a big hard knobby bit that hurts people and boats. If you can't get the thinner glues stuff just put a dab of hot melt glue stick under it when you shrink it on.

nursey is someone who can f*ck something with just a look....
In there with nursey on that as I have my moments also :lol: :lol:

Archived