Elliott 7 fleet launch

Adrianp

Can I practice me race manglement on him.....

You can do whatever you like to said "Gentleman", personally I wouldn't touch him with a 45 foot Barge Pole with a Health Inspector tied to the end.

R.

the 10 6s were sold to noumea. these are a different configuration than the olympic 6s. although they are the same hull shape they have a different cockpit layout, are heavier, alloy rig, different foils, closed transom and larger sails. so, while they are a good training platform, in terms of an olympic campaign... the boats are miles apart in terms of performance and handling.

yes, the 7s have been more bought into line with keelboat racing, where the helmsman steers and the crew have specific jobs. in the 6s the controlls were setup so anyone on the boat could do nearly any job. eg. if his crew was incompetant... the skipper could trin the kite, steer and control the pole height. on the 7s the helmsman can only reach the traveler so will promote better crew unity and reliance.

Also with the move to Elliot 7m doesn't that mean the RNZYS can run ISAF Grade 1 Match Racing events without having to hire the MRX fleet?

I remember reading that 7m was the lower limit for Grade 1 events somewhere on the ISAF site? Could be wrong though.

Would be good for international traveling teams as they would only need to send 3-4 people.

Can I practice me race manglement on him.

He didn't like it the last time I practiced on him.

He might not have liked it but I did !!!

As far as coaching the said "Gentleman" I believe he has already booked in his next session... the 2011 Farr 1020 Nationals :lol:

But in all seriousness Al could probably teach alot of people a few things about racing...just don't let him go off on a tangent or worse caught up in nit picking details.

But in all seriousness Al could probably teach alot of people a few things about racing...just don't let him go off on a tangent or worse caught up in nit picking details.

Or let him close to a bar :lol:

Does anyone know if the E7's can be chartered?

Archived