Yanmar Mixing Elbows

Interesting thread.

I think you will find that Yanmar have a worldwide price parity policy, meaning that things cost the same as anywhere around the world ... always exceptions. Been there, went searching for new turbo as Yanmar Aust wanted to sell the gold plated version and in the end prices were the same everywhere we looked, including Asia

As for the ceramic coatings, not sure how they will stand up to the exhaust temps but we use them regularly in saltwater, mainly condenser end covers where we have high corrosion/erosion

We use a Devcon brushable ceramic .... available in NZ from ITW Polymers and Fluids, 2/38 Trugood Drive, East Tamaki, Auckland (I think that is right as someone has stuck Corrosive 8 label across it) ... 0800 476 265

Stainless steel will not usually like the temperature changes, ups and downs, before fatiguing .... but there are some exotic alloys out there which love that stuff and look sweet too .... but not if you are paying yourself.

Before you replace that elbow take it off, give it a good clean and check for corrosion, You may find there is nothing wrong with it. Our one on 60hp yanamr was fine last time I checked it and it would be 15 years plus. Can't remember what it was made from tho.

Before you replace that elbow take it off, give it a good clean and check for corrosion, You may find there is nothing wrong with it. Our one on 60hp yanamr was fine last time I checked it and it would be 15 years plus. Can't remember what it was made from tho.

When you take them off... does the gasket survive or do I need another one?

thanks.

Archived