Business opportunity?

Xntrix

Hi there team. I know that a lot of you work in the marine industry and may be interested in a couple of new products. I was facing a couple of problems in different areas and have come up with solutions that are both elegant (i think anyway) and simple in concept and easy to build. The reason that i dont run with them is that i already have a business that i cant keep up with and 4 kids, a boat etc, plus once i have solved the problem i kind of lose interest.

The first gizmo is a pulley that changes its purchase ratio as it rotates. The first part of its travel will tension the line quickly and as the load comes on the purchase increases to the needed ratio. This means that adjustments are quick and easier for crew as the loads on most controls are not linear however traditional purchase systems are which means we pull heaps of line in before we reach full load and struggle as the load arrives. This thingy sorts that all out. It can only be used in high load-low travel applications such as backstay, vang and outhaul. I built one which we used on the backstay of a stewart 34 (masthead rig-a lot of tension needed) that originally had a 24-1 system that had to be run to a winch to tension and took 2 peeps to uncleat. We replaced one block and were able to tension easily and quickly by hand and with max load the rope just snapped out of the cam cleat with little effort. Primo.

The second widget is a non feedback system for tiller steered outboards. We raced our thunder cat with it and it made it possible to drive a lot safer and with about 10% of the effort of a standard steering damper. It means that the outboard stays where it is if you remove your hand from the tiller, and doesnt give any feedback as it leaves and enters the water. I built a hydraulic system however i have since designed a mechanical system that, not only will work better, it is a bunch cheaper to build and change for different outboards. Primo

The reason that i am doing this is that i have designed and built these cool things that work really well, however they are just sitting on the garage shelf gathering dust, and if i cant go forward with them, somebody else should have a go. I would like to come to an agreement with someone who can take the prototypes, and all IP and do what ever they want as far as manufacturing and marketing go. I will offer as much support as i can, mainly future developments and designs etc for no cost. Ideally i would like an agreement that if the product(s) took off there would be something in it for me, however if someone sees merit in these and runs with it and it gives a NZ company a good kickstart thats probably more important to me.

This is not a crowdsourcing venture or scam of any sort, just sick of sitting on good ideas.

I wont upload photos as someone may want to patent them in the future.

Cheers Dave

Archived