Wellington Yachting Assn - Cook Strait Sailing Club

grantmc

Looks to me like the guys who normally stay behind and run the races for every one else actually want to have a sail with the least work possible. Get into it and go hard. :thumbup:

Yes you could be right.

They way I see it is there is a divide between the CSSC guys who want more races and the other members, whom have the numbers to stop what the CSSC members want, who just want to go sailing and Don,t want their little world disturbed.

It is weird that many RPNYC members, who are flagged officials, are setting up a another club to get a racing format that RPNYC should easily be able to provide.

It must be a desperate situation to be advanced to this level and begs the question...

Why did somebody not step in and mediate this. Surely it would be in RPNYC's interest to build it relationship with members and meet a demand than sit back and let this happen.

yNZ should have been involved earlier to.

Go the CSSC. A new club giving sailors what they want.... very novel.

It is weird that many RPNYC members, who are flagged officials, are setting up a another club to get a racing format that RPNYC should easily be able to provide.

That's an incorrect assumption.

CSSC was not formed to get a racing format. It is not about racing formats.

CSSC members wanted a club where there was not a trade off between the sailing, and the running of the business. We did not want the imperitive to stay solvent to result in compromises re. sailing. We did not want the salaried staff of the business to be making decisions that members disagreed with. We wanted no assets, no salaried staff, not profit incentive.

We just wanted sailing, run by sailors, for sailors.

RPNYC wasn't going to sell its clubrooms, or get rid of it's salaried staff. It wasn't going to get rid of its other costs... and so we set up CSSC.

The racing format is the very last thing that matters. It will happen one way or another... In fact, as we've made clear all along, the races are less improtant than the BBQ afterwards.

It must be a desperate situation to be advanced to this level and begs the question...

Why did somebody not step in and mediate this. Surely it would be in RPNYC's interest to build it relationship with members and meet a demand than sit back and let this happen.

Again, I think you are missing the point. RPNYC did not need to mediate... RPNYC does build relationships with its members, and that is why I, and other CSSC members are still not only members, but active contributors to RPNYC.

As to why RPNYC should "let it happen"... it's in RPNYC's constitution to support the formation of new yacht clubs in Wellington.

Archived