Epoxy storage / shelf life?

Have finally got the home situation as it should be, 2 cars parked on the street, and a kayak, Opti, and a newly acquired Sunburst in the garage. Not quite the full fleet, yet, but a work in progress.

GRP Sunburst needs some repairs, bonding between the hull and deck molds coming apart on the cockpit floor up forward, doesn't look too hard to grind out the tabbing and reglass.

I've some CRC / Ados epoxy which has been kept under the house since the keelboat days (5 years ago?), courtesy of Richmond winter series I think. I've been using odd bits for fixing stuff around the house and with filler, and it still seems to cure pretty hard, in a normal time frame. Its discoloured a bit, the hardener is pretty brown, but otherwise seems ok.

Am I ok to keep on using it for laminating? Other than it seeming to cure well with glue powder or filler powder, is there any way of checking before slapping it into a sunburst?

It's fine. Just watch your nose around the hardener as it can be a bit wiffy with Amonia. If you notice a crystal build up in the liquid, warm it for awhile and it all should turn back to liquid.

Thanks folks. I suspected as much, the manufacturer's are hardly likely to promote a 5 year shelf life, not much point asking them!

Hardener is certainly a little wiffy, but not working in enclosed space, and will allow some extra time before loading up the mighty sunburst!

Cheers

Archived