Neptune's Gear Ltd Update

Island Time

OK, Finally our site is up! I've been talking about it for awhile I know :roll:

The idea is to supply boats around the world, but NZ as well of course! It's not really meant to compete with the large stores like here in Auckland, but for the more remote sailors...and cruisers out of their home countries without land based addresses.

I'd be interested in your comments, as well as of course if anyone wants to buy something! There are some opening specials for Crew.org members. They'll be on the add when it comes up.

Any products you'd like to see us list? What are your favorites?

Lots of stuff yet to add, but it's a beginning, and I hope it will provide enough to feed me!!

Before you all rush to complain this is commercial, I've sent C.O. the details for the add, which should be up soon.

Check the site out at http://www.neptunes-gear.com

Cheers

Matt

The ad is to your left, go have a look.

Here are the opening specials for Crew.ogres.

Opening specials, I’ll pay the GST AND Freight!!

The Optolamp is the Tri Colour/Anchor/Strobe with Photosensitive ON off, $480.00

The AIS HA-101 is a Class B AIS Transponder, $595.00

The KP8229A is an 8” Plotter INCLUDING a Class B Transponder, $1195.00

The link to direct them to is www.neptunes-gear.com or email matt@neptunes-gear.com have to mention they found the site at Crew.org to get the discount!

The tri colour is cool!

Congratulations Matt.

Great start. Needs more categories. When I'm looking for an AIS unit , say, i don't want to have to look through a huge amount of stuff to find them. Know what I mean?

hey BB, thx. you don't have to, PIC electronics, then, on the right of the electronics page, pick "select by type" in that list you will see ais and associated products.

is that OK, or should I make it clearer?

mb, the tri color is a replacement for all, But only when sailing! when motoring you are required to have sidelights, stern and mast lights. that being said, there are boats around with only tri colours....

Looking at the site I was left wondering if you are a bloke based in NZ or possibly a one armed colorblind Nigerian lesbian. All I could find was a email, no other way to contact you. Are you indeed a Kiwi cruiser or the dodgy brother of that Nigerian Lesbo hiding behind a made up persona in the hope of catching a few cruisers wallets?

You need more to show it's a Kiwi running it generally from NZ but as a cruiser it maybe from your boat.

Of late I've been tweaking our new website and during that have had the odd suss at what whats' going on in the big wide world. I have run into many places selling stuff that you have no idea who or where they are. 2 yesterday selling lots of common marine gear and neither had anything as to who or where but I suspect one was Aussie as it was very NZ targeted but showed A$... or was it?? The other was NZ$ and so on but with some digging it was based in China. Another last week that was proudly 100% NZ owned and operated but had no local contact and the website was only a skin over one in Asia.

So who are you and where are you IT? Make the punters feel a bit easier as to who they are dealing with.

Also the descriptions could be a bit deeper on the more complex items or so it seemed to this keen but knowledge challenged susser.

With that in mind I did like the wiring sizing info and the graph but when I cross referenced my amps with my length I got 12. But then that's 12 what?? Couldn't work out what that was so went looking for 12 in the wires in the shop. I couldn't find anything that relates to '12'. So there is a disconnect from the info and the product, if that makes sense. Being a lectrical dumbarse I'd go "No worries I'll give them a ring and ask'... Opps no phone number. I'll call in, Opps no address.

So in that example I can do is email 'someone somewhere' and hope I don't get a Nigerian Lesbo.

That makes sense I hope.

#####################

Website aside.

Which on of those wires do I need to light my tri-colour that will be 14mts from the battery?

Looking at the site is that 1.5mm the same as 1.5mm you wire a house with? It seems a lot different, specifically smaller than house stuff.

Thanks for all that KM,

In some ways the address is a bit of a 2 edged sword. Some people don't like dealing with NZ, or even know where it is. Anyway, I've thought some more about it since your comments, and Address and Ph Number is now on the front page.

Product detail - lots still to come! The site is still certainly not finished...

Point taken with the wire sizes - I'll change it to say AWG - your 12 equates to 2mm Dia... I thought that was obvious :lol: , - you were just reading the wire sizing info - but perhaps Knot!

There is still a lot of data, links and new stuff to go, I'm adding to it daily!

Thanks for your input, I appreciate the time.

Cheers

Matt

The ad is to your left, go have a look.

Here are the opening specials for Crew.ogres.

Opening specials, I’ll pay the GST AND Freight!!

The Optolamp is the Tri Colour/Anchor/Strobe with Photosensitive ON off, $480.00

The AIS HA-101 is a Class B AIS Transponder, $595.00

The KP8229A is an 8” Plotter INCLUDING a Class B Transponder, $1195.00

The link to direct them to is http://www.neptunes-gear.com or email matt@neptunes-gear.com have to mention they found the site at Crew.org to get the discount!

The tri colour is cool!

OK, i'm nibbling at the bait...

Trilight, quite nice.

Guessing it is IntColReg approved. Can the strobe be switched manually?

Transponder.

I'm thinking We'll need one as we'll go ocean, and it's a little piece of mind. Also nice for busy inland waterways. Don't wanna get run down by a Rhine ship.

So these special opening prices are incl. GST?

IT can you PM me a bit about the use of said Transponder?

Cheers

R

In some ways the address is a bit of a 2 edged sword. Some people don't like dealing with NZ, or even know where it is. Anyway, I've thought some more about it since your comments, and Address and Ph Number is now on the front page.
I do know what you mean but you do say some goodies will come direct from the manufacturers so I'd think that would have more then a few thinking 'Cool, direct means cheaper and being organised by a Kiwi, they are a trust-able bunch'.

As times goes on the kids are being trained to 'do and never question' so they won't be as fussy but at the moment many still are.

All good otherwise.

They suck up a lot of time don't theses websites?

This week only special. How many of you have those crap bilge switches - those tilt mercury ones, that fail every year or two?

Here is a great quality bilge switch, made by a NZ company. I've used them in Island Time for the shower bilges and main bilge, and the oldest is approaching 8 years. They are great! Also, if you want to be fancier, they have a programming option - (with controller) so they can stay on after the float is down (so float does not have to be at the bottom of the blige), or a high level and low level floats (bait tank?) or any other combination you can think of...

BSW-1000.jpg

The float (normally $40.50 + GST) $35.00 INCL GST

The Controller WITH float switch (normally $135 + GST) $96.00 INCL GST

I reckon thats a good deal! Any takers? Send me a PM

Matt

Archived