Davidson 35 purchase

Brent fogelberg

Hi all, I'm presently looking at purchasing a Davidson 35 (2004). It looks like a pre-Export Yachts boat but supposedly has an export yachts hull (solid GRP).

Decks and cabin top are GOP which gives a slightly different cabin line to the later Export Yacht boats with a step down forward of the mast. Layout inside seems the same and general seems a sound boat although needs some TLC.

Can anyone out there give me further insight into these earlier Davidson 35's? Cheers

I suspect it is post Export Yachts. Alternatively it sat in a shed getting built for a looong time. Most D35s were built in the early 80s before the infamous sales tax killed the NZ boatbuilding scene. A number of these boats were bought as hull and decks and then completed with varying degrees of skill and finesse.

If it is a 2004 launch, it probably has more modern equipment than many of her sister ships.

We have a export yachts D35. www.sysophia.blogspot.com

As far as I've seen all the export yachts ones were balsa core. The earlier ones were solid glass with foam stringers. You can see the stringers inside on the sides of the hull. Nothing wrong with either. As Jono said half of them were finished off at home.

I suspect it is post Export Yachts. Alternatively it sat in a shed getting built for a looong time. Most D35s were built in the early 80s before the infamous sales tax killed the NZ boatbuilding scene. A number of these boats were bought as hull and decks and then completed with varying degrees of skill and finesse.

If it is a 2004 launch, it probably has more modern equipment than many of her sister ships.

The boat (and caravan)tax was introduced in 1979 IIRC.

Archived