Looking to sail out of New Zealand

Millie

Hello,

I am looking to leave the country by boat. I know this is not a good time of year as most people are arriving in New Zealand, rather than leaving, but I though it was worth a try!

My name is Millie. I am 26 yo and sadly leaving NZ after 2 amazing years as my work permit is expiring. I am looking to leave the country by boat after mid-december (really bad time I know, but I thought I would ask!). I have no firm plans regarding my next destination. I have some sea experience, having been working as a research assistant on a dolphin research project. I have logged over 400 hours as competent crew on a powerboat, have NZ boatmaster and radio tickets and have volunteered with coastguard. During my time in NZ I have been involved in the hospitality industry and am not afraid of hard work. I can cook and clean and I am keen to learn. If you have a place on your boat, I would love to hear from you on 021613112. Thank you :-)

Hi Millie,

sorry, I know it is frustrating for you not to get a proper answer to your post. I am writing for the same reason as Folker. I am looking to leave New Zealand in the next couple of days and was wondering if you found a boat, if you have left the country by now and if you have any tipps?

Thanks and good luck for 2014,

Lina

Hey you three. It is now the cyclone season in the south pacific. No boats will be going north. The only viable boats would be headed to southern Ausy, or a southern ocean voyage. Not for the inexperienced or faint hearted! The Horn anyone? Sorry to be negative, but your chances are very slim this time of year....

Hi Island time. Thanks for your reply, that clears things up. I think I'll wait till march / april and try again by then. Do you think it could be a good idea to simply go to one of the harbors of bay of islands and ask around?

Archived