Modifying rig to Cathedral or Jumpers?

Settlers Reach

Hi Guys

I own Settlers reach the challenge 29 currently i have a very basic setup with single spreader. i am currently cautiously running mast head kites but can't run any angles and can't go to masthead gennakers.

My question is what is the best option? and also how much would it cost to each setup?

Cheers

Brendan

Go for a simple set of jumpers with a little bit of aft rake to help you through the jibes and to give a little clearance from the genoa leach, if you have big over-lappers.

Best bet is to take some measurements off your rig and go to a spar maker. I don't know what they'd charge for alloy ones. Maybe give Phil Ash at Gulf Harbour a call and ask him. He's closest.

Would be nice to do them without taking the rig out if possible.

I dont think a cathedral would work for your rig layout, If you number 1 genoa overlaps the spreader at all then if you go cathedral the V2 up to the jumper spreader is going to interfere with the leech of the genoa too much, whereas the Jumper wont as its a diamond back into the root of the spreader 1

(Will try find a picture to demonstrate :-) )

Yup, genoa sheeting is a big part of going for the jumper option. Also in a cathedral setup you either have a lot more rigging, or you'll need to put a tip cup or some kind of junction on your spreader, which is expensive.

Archived