Weather

Has anyone out there got some good marine forecasting websites? I use Metvuw but would like a web site that can forecast out to 10 days.

I know the forecast will be less reliable but it would be great to get an idea!

Cheers.

I don't know of anyone that goes out to 10 days and as none of them can get 7days right, why bother with 10. You would have as much accuracy looking at the tealeaves in the bottom of your cup.

Actually, the best way of getting an idea of what is coming, is to look at the maps for the Southern ocean area under Oz. That is where our weather comes up from and you can see the fronts moving in the general directions and get an idea from that as to what maybe coming our way. Plus keep an eye on the Pacific, from Northeastern tip of Oz across to Fiji. That will give you a good idea of any tropical depression brewing, which is probably the kind of severe weather we would most likely get this time of year.

This is another site like Metvu. It doesn't go out any further either, but it is a good site for accurate weather detail. http://www.swellmap.co.nz/forecast-maps

Archived