2014 PIC Coastal Classic - Message from NZMYC

Nice showing by the class (ish) boats.

What were the times for the 11.6s in the Easterly 1996 race? I have fading memories of finishing with standard 38s at around midnight.

It would be interesting to compare the times and boats from that race.

In the multis there is a big step from Split Enz to Team V. Similarly with the Monos the gun boat was Elliot Marine vs BG and Giacomo this year.

In the smaller boats there was Extreme and Aces High, plus the Mumm 30 campaigned by a teenage Dean Barker, possibly with Rod Davis alongside?

Nice showing by the class (ish) boats.

What were the times for the 11.6s in the Easterly 1996 race? I have fading memories of finishing with standard 38s at around midnight.

It would be interesting to compare the times and boats from that race.

In the multis there is a big step from Split Enz to Team V. Similarly with the Monos the gun boat was Elliot Marine vs BG and Giacomo this year.

In the smaller boats there was Extreme and Aces High, plus the Mumm 30 campaigned by a teenage Dean Barker, possibly with Rod Davis alongside?

1996 Times - from Sailing NZ. December 1996

Multi - 1. Split Enz - 7 hrs 20 mins (previous record 8.48), 2. Afterburner 7hrs 42 mins

Mono - Primo - 9 hrs 22 mins (previous record 11 hrs 23 mins - also bettered by Hydroflow, Antaeus and M1)

Division line honours:

1 - Primo

2 - Satellite Spy

3 - Mumm 30

4 - Extreme

5 - Split Enz

6 - Redken Cat

IMS - Time to Burn

Womens Division - Bravado

Classic Division - Teal

Cruising Division - Silver Fox

I don't have any other times. surely someone has the full results.

Archived