Crew for the coastal classic

I have been wanting to be apart of this race for the last 2 years but never found a boat to sail on. I would love be jump on a boat and finally do the race. I have had experiences on boats ranging from cruisers, sport boats and multis.

So much to learn young Grasshopper. :lol:

This far out from the event, every owner believes all their regulars will turn out for the race, and all those crew members believe they will get the time off work, their wives will give them a leave pass for the weekend, they (and their kids) will be in perfect health and basically nothing can get in the way of that fantastic race.

Unfortunately at least 10% of them are destined to discover that they were wrong in their beliefs. It's just a bit soon yet for that fact to have emerged.

Pack your bag, clear your schedule and by the Tuesday or Wednesday night leading up to the race, a different picture will be starting to emerge.

You should keep this thread high in the active topics during that week. :thumbup:

So much to learn young Grasshopper. :lol:

You should keep this thread high in the active topics during that week. :thumbup:

Thats the plan. Keep it near the top for the rest of the month then mabey even dpread out into some of the other forums. I wonder if I could pay squid off to put a notice on the front page :think:

mmmmmmmm cc's. Now theres some corn chips that I hvant had in a long time, and they were so good. Ill be happy to give you updates and a report afterwards, but the updates would have to be via text as im not up to date yet with these smart phones :(. A new thread could be useful as im sure there will be a few more people posting about it shortly.

Oh you poor bugger, Watch out for that Smithy bloke, he doesn't know how to slow down :lol: :lol:

Now make sure you have the number for reports

txt 021 760 621

Oh you poor bugger, Watch out for that Smithy bloke, he doesn't know how to slow down :lol: :lol:

Now make sure you have the number for reports

txt 021 760 621

It will be an interesting race and hopefully its blowing 30+. Ill log the number and hopefully theres enough reception to give frequent updates. Might take the old 027 up as well

What boat?

I got on the marshall :clap: :clap:

Should be a good race... I'm going on O'Sinnerman, looks like it has the same handicap as the Marshall... Could be interesting...

What boat?

I got on the marshall :clap: :clap:

Should be a good race... I'm going on O'Sinnerman, looks like it has the same handicap as the Marshall... Could be interesting...

Hopefully. Smithy has an idea on who his competition is, but I wouldnt have a clue. Ive only sailed sport boats and multis and not the 40 footers.

Smithy is fixated on beating Kiwi. I think if Kiwi went via the Mercs he'd follow :lol:

And for this race you are fully crewed so get someone to double check the halyards before the hoist :lol:

And for this race you are fully crewed so get someone to double check the halyards before the hoist :lol:

I have know idea what your talkin about so im happy :lol: . as long as im not on the bow then there should be a good chance that i wont happen.

Last race of Simrad, Smithy got the mast head halyard inside the forestay, kite stopped at the hounds, bottom in the water, we sailed the boat through the kite. Soooooo glad it wasn't me. I hear Booboo was ablwe to put it back together without too much drama.

Hope for your sake you get a screaming ride, that boat is amazing, as the breeze increases it just keeps accelerating.

Smithy is fixated on beating Kiwi. I think if Kiwi went via the Mercs he'd follow :lol:

I'm not on the bow this time so we should be safe! Haven't seen Kiwi entered yet and yes we have the same phrf as O Sinnerman which is a 17 metre yacht... Go figure! Letter to YNZ sent....

Last race of Simrad, Smithy got the mast head halyard inside the forestay, kite stopped at the hounds, bottom in the water, we sailed the boat through the kite. Soooooo glad it wasn't me. I hear Booboo was ablwe to put it back together without too much drama.

Hope for your sake you get a screaming ride, that boat is amazing, as the breeze increases it just keeps accelerating.

hahahahahaha. that sounds like me on PE with the windward luidards in the winter races. Had all sorts of trouble with the kite and then 3rd time luck we ran over it a riped it. Looks like ill join smithy knowhere near the bow :clap: :clap:

Archived